For followers of "less popular" spiritual path's

The spiritual response to anxiety and depression
FreeToBeGG

Post by FreeToBeGG » Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:14 am

RCA,

You open up the forum you want to post to (not a message in the forum, but the forum itself), and then click "New" at the top of the screen. This will open up a box, and you type away. Hope this helps, and I look forward to reading your post!

Genie

FreeToBeGG

Post by FreeToBeGG » Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:15 am

Oops! When you click "New," it gives you a little menu. Click "Discussion" and then you are ready to go.

Sweet Stephanie Sunshine

Post by Sweet Stephanie Sunshine » Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:04 pm

1) Be Impeccable with Your Word
2) Don't Take Anything Personally
3) Don't Make Assumptions
4) Always Do Your Best
I just wanted to say that the above quotes actually are in tune with what the Bible teaches. I find it very interesting. I came to this thread out of being curious. Every thread I have ever seen that says "non-religious" always seems to mention God/Jesus or Christianity in some form, they mock Christians and put them down. They always seem to be so Anti-Christian but open to hear things from any other belief. I am not attacking anyone, that is not my intent at all. But as a Christian living in a country that was founded on Judeo-Christian beliefs, I feel rights of Christians are slowly being taking away. I was so relieved to read that Stress Center allowed Christians to speak. We are silenced and hated so often now. I hate the word "religion" but I do believe in Christ and I see Bible Prophecy coming true right before my very eyes. Even what you are saying on this thread does not shock me, but it saddens me to read. It is very true that there are some people who claim to be Christians but you would never know it my their lifestyle. I apologize for that, but they do not stand for every single Christian and they will answer to God for their actions.. Being a true follower of Christ is not for wimps, that is for sure. It takes a very strong person to stand up for what is true and right and live the lifestyle of what God teaches us to live. If you find that studying other "religions help you, what do you have against learning from Christianity? If their is no God then what is this all for? If you do not believe in God then why in the world do you even care if Christians speak? I as a Christian have many stories like the owl story mentioned. I have experienced things similar to some of you. We are all people created by God and one day you will know that for sure. I am praying for you all. Life is hard enough, I can not imagine living life without Jesus by my side. People will always let you down, but God never will. If you are looking for the truth you will find it.

"It's ok to say Merry CHRISTmas" so

Merry Christmas to all and to all a goodnight.
Stephanie from The Sunshine State

"Today is a gift wrapped up in endless sunshine, Untie the sparkle!"

gettingfree

Post by gettingfree » Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:35 am

Amen Sister! I always say that it's so funny how people feel the Bible is too closed minded, yet they will run to every teaching available EXCEPT the Bible. I understand, as I once was 'tossed about' by every new philosophy..I ate it all up. Because I love God (and thought all paths led to God) my last stop on the road was to read the Bible. Well, wasn't I shocked at what I read! All these 'new' ideas were just cheap knock-offs stolen from the Bible! Proverbs was written 500 years before Socrates was even born. Read Ecclesiastes..'there is nothing new under the sun' written about 3,000 years ago!
If you are truly open minded, do yourself a favor and add the Bible to your list..stay away from religion and just read it yourself.

Chris~tine

Post by Chris~tine » Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:27 am

quote:
1) Be Impeccable with Your Word
2) Don't Take Anything Personally
3) Don't Make Assumptions
4) Always Do Your Best

Hey, that's from The four Agreements! Were those quotes in this thread? Been a while since I read it, so I forget. What a great book!!! It's written by Miguel Ruiz with the teaching from the Toltec. I do not believe these teaching are in any way related to the bible. I read the book twice and listened to it on audio. Each time I gathered a little more then the last. The first agreement: (1) be impeccable with your word, is VERY life transforming!! I have put this into practice myself. What it asks you to do is THINK before you speak. Think of what it is you would like to convey and put it out there in a way that is not offensive to others as this will in turn effect you in the long haul. (2)Don't take anything personal is probably the most effective way to face life and I think the most powerful teaching of the four. When you read your post or as you have others, you have taken this thread personal. You (ie. us, others) will read this and think it is directed at you. It is not!! It is what someone else is feeling and possibly put out there without being impeccable with their word. lol (3) Don't make assumptions is powerful as well as we are not mind readers and don't always know from where this other is coming from. If I assume too much about you or you me, we may have a disagreement based on assumptions and not actual truths. We don't know each others story's there for we assume too much when we assume to. And the last agreement, (4) Always do your best is pretty much what it is. If you made mistakes in following agreements 1, 2, and 3...apply number 4. Living your life awake and aware is transforming. I would highly recommend this book.

gettingfree

Post by gettingfree » Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:52 am

Don't mind me..I'm just picking up some pearls I dropped.. ;)
:D

Chris~tine

Post by Chris~tine » Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:07 am

OK, so we'll take that as kiss my... This would be a good example of lesson 2, (for me)Don't take anything personal. lol

gettingfree

Post by gettingfree » Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:15 pm

Right, it's an example of lesson #2, and also #3.

I'm just teasing you, kiddo.
But seriously, all those lessons are in the New Testament..they're pretty much Jesus' whole message, that, and the fact that he hates religion and hippocrites :)

Chris~tine

Post by Chris~tine » Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:20 pm

I disagree with almost everything you said and guess what? It's OK. :p

gettingfree

Post by gettingfree » Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:09 pm

It's great if you disagree! That means you're your own thinker. However, it's better to disagree when you have actually studied the material at hand :)

Return to “Spirituality for Anxiety & Depression”