For followers of "less popular" spiritual path's

The spiritual response to anxiety and depression
Amabi

Post by Amabi » Fri May 23, 2008 3:38 pm

I read the four agreements quite a few years ago. Reading your posting made me remember how much I enjoyed that book. I was not aware about The mastery of Love. I am going to check it out.

medgrl

Post by medgrl » Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:58 am

I glad I found this thread although I know I am a little late in joining. I am a Buddhist and have a firm belief in Karma and reincarnation. I also believe in theraputic touch and smudging.I am not trying to convert anyone and feel we are all entitled to our beliefs. My late husband was into New Age religion (although I know little about it) and I am just very happy to meet like minded people here. Hope this thread keeps going and there are more like-minded people who will feel safe to post.

BeatAnxiety07

Post by BeatAnxiety07 » Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:01 pm

Originally posted by medgrl:
I glad I found this thread although I know I am a little late in joining. I am a Buddhist and have a firm belief in Karma and reincarnation. I also believe in theraputic touch and smudging.I am not trying to convert anyone and feel we are all entitled to our beliefs. My late husband was into New Age religion (although I know little about it) and I am just very happy to meet like minded people here. Hope this thread keeps going and there are more like-minded people who will feel safe to post.
I am quite fond of new-age religion myself, mainly because it resonates very well with science. But I am glad you found this thread helpful. Please, share some of your experiences with buddhism and how it has helped you in life and with anxiety, or if it hasn't, explain why it is that you take to it so well.

Welcome...

- Beat

"When you fear that you cannot, let that fear motivate you to prove that you can!"

medgrl

Post by medgrl » Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:14 am

Hi Beat, how are you doing today? For me it's an ok day just have the jitters for some reason. I think my religion found me instead of me finding it. I have always thought about reincarnation and past life regression and Buddhism gave me the peace of mind I was looking for in dealing with reincarnation and wondering what will happen to us when we die. Has my religion cured my anxiety, no way. Only I am capable of that. I work hard on myself and how I treat others and try to have the right thoughts and actions.

Please tell me more about yourself if you are comfortable with that. I really like to meet new people and find out about them. Also I like to hear about others beliefs.

sleeplessMom

Post by sleeplessMom » Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:39 am

I am glad to have found this thread. I have been off of the forums for awhile, and have begun to seek more spirituality in my life. I believe that most religions of the world are different paths to the same truth. I just wish I felt more "spiritual" on a daily basis. I started meditating a couple months ago, and I guess I had too high an expectation that that would help me find peace. I am doing OK with my anxiety (a 'blip' today, but I am giving myself permission to have a bad day).
formerly SleeplessMom

BeatAnxiety07

Post by BeatAnxiety07 » Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:51 am

Originally posted by sleeplessMom:
I believe that most religions of the world are different paths to the same truth.
What would you say that truth is or are you still undecided?

"When you fear that you cannot, let that fear motivate you to prove that you can!"

sleeplessMom

Post by sleeplessMom » Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:54 am

I guess by "truth" I meant "God" or "source" or "essence of life" whatever name you want to use.

medgrl

Post by medgrl » Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:13 am

Sleepless, how long are your meditation sessions? They will help and you will find your center and be a much happier person for it. Dno't give up on it. There is a web site called abundantwellbeing.com that is a great site for relaxation and meditative tools. Good luck

RCA

Post by RCA » Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:54 am

I want to post "my story" and some of the problems/questions I am having. I know how to reply, but not how not to start my on post/forum. Can you help??

sleeplessMom

Post by sleeplessMom » Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:31 am

Thanks, medgrl. I will check out the website you mentioned. My meditation sessions are 20 minutes, and I was doing them almost every day for several weeks, but due to illness, and now my cousin's death, it has been more like once or twice a week. I do plan on continuing, but I'll admit I haven't noticed a big change so far. Probably I have unrealistic expectations about a lot of things!

Return to “Spirituality for Anxiety & Depression”