For followers of "less popular" spiritual path's

The spiritual response to anxiety and depression
jewels08

Post by jewels08 » Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:51 am

Reen, I think loosing the urge to find the proper fit is a beautiful thing in itself. To me it means evolving. When we are caught up in Religion or a specific group that thinks alike, we loose the abilities to weight our own opinions and judgments due to out side factors. That to me is silencing God. We can not hear him when we are bogged down with Dogma.

My life to me (personally) is nothing but a spiritual journey. There are so many paths to choose. If I find that one has lead to a dead end, I seek another directions. I have been living like this for a number of years now and I find that I have learned so much by being open to others beliefs. Each religion has great things to offer. The love of Jesus by Christians, love of Mary by Catholics, the wisdom of Buddha and so on. Sometimes it takes more than one life to evolve and grow into this being that we strive to be. It can take MANY lives to let down barriers that bridge the difference to acceptance. I think what is important is to see how a specific belief makes you feel, how well or not it serves you and continue on from there. A lot of us get caught up in the fear of HAVING to and lose to ability to seek further. Although I am not a Buddhist, I do subscribe to a lot of their beliefs. Some of my old beliefs, as David expressed, were similar. I use to worry about what I HAD to do, what I HAD to believe. I always felt like I was going AGAINST the grain. I was GOING to hell. Anxiety made me feel like I was GOING crazy. All the going's... Buddha teaches that there is NO WHERE to GO. You can only be. You only have the moment, so BE what you want in it. I think so long as you continue down the path that feels right for you, you are doing the right thing.

The above are just MY beliefs of course. No pressure for anyone to subscribe.

Jewel :)

Screw Loose

Post by Screw Loose » Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:28 am

"But my journey, searching, and learning lead me back to Jesus."
Good deal

BeatAnxiety07

Post by BeatAnxiety07 » Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:34 am

Reen38,

It is great that you have formed your own spiritual path. From what I read you have chosen to stay away from "labels" while at the same time taking from every "label" something that fits your own purpose in life or fulfils your own spiritual path/religion.

Organized religion, and I think even a number of the Christians on here would agree, has done a great disadvantage to the core of the actual religion they purport to follow.

Most on here may not agree or may not realize it, but they all truly follow their own religion, we all do. You are just more conscious of this than most.

Congratulations to you and your discovery of your spiritual path and personal religion.

David,

I actually found out a few months ago that I have a little bit of Cherokee in me. I thought that was really cool and it made me thinkg of you and your posts in here.

Just thought I'd share.

- John

"When you fear that you cannot, let that fear motivate you to prove that you can!"

BeatAnxiety07

Post by BeatAnxiety07 » Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:51 am

Originally posted by Conner:
P.S. This is your post Beat Anxiety, if you want me out, YOU say so. PEACE
lol, well no it is actually Stress's forum so they can do what ever they want... But I am enjoying your posts. When I stated in the intro that I was hoping to not see a lot of "popular thought" it was because a lot of the believers in the popular systems become a little preachy on here. For example, a very recent post *^^ adds nothing to the conversation and helps no one, but this is a forum and this person can "hijack" this thread all they want-- it is just annoying and sways us away from discussing things that could help one-another... This isn't a thread for close-mindness and attempts at conversion, it is a thread for open-mindness and discussions. That is all...

I am enjoying your posts. I think my last post fits in with some of the things you were talking about in regards to organized religion.

Thanks,

John

"When you fear that you cannot, let that fear motivate you to prove that you can!"

Reen38

Post by Reen38 » Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:29 am

Jewel, you hit the nail right on the head with that post. Exactly my feelings as well.
"All that we are is the result of what we have thought" ~ Buddha

Chica_bella813

Post by Chica_bella813 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:33 am

Hey I am glad that this forum is posted. I am a Christian female and believe that Jesus is the way..BUT I also find comfort and learn alot about myself and life from other teachings. At one time I was part of "that group" that condemned anything or anyone that soley did not praise Jesus. I agree with what someone stated earlier. Alot of these Christian preachers are hurting the massess. I have learned not to put your faith in MAN because MAN are less feasible than you may think. Through this program and reading of various books I am of the belief to follow your spirit--what ever makes YOU feel at PEACE go and do it.

I really am interested in getting into the Law of Attraction. I find there is much truth to it. Just because I am a Christian woman that am open to different beliefs doesn't mean that I am relinquishing the acts and beliefs of Jesus Christ. Alot of "Christians" find that hard to believe that that is possible.

Good thread guys!! :O)

Angel13

Post by Angel13 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:53 am

I think the law of attraction is a wonderful thing. This program is a direct example of how it works. Anyone ever read up on it? I would love to hear your thoughts.

I too think religion is limiting. Regardless of your foundation, you should be free to journey through life and find what works best for you.

God, life, the universe wants us at peace. What better way to live.

TrinityMN

Post by TrinityMN » Thu May 08, 2008 5:45 am

Hi,
Thanks for the link here. I am agnostic and can sleep well at night. I felt a disconnect when I would see a message being posted and want to read more, click and get bible thumped. I just wanted to relate to people no matter what their belief and work on this anxiety problem I have. Not be told that I have it because God put it on me. That was crossing the boundaries for me. This thread is great! I have panic disorder and take klonopin everyday. I have listened to session 3 like 12 times and am having trouble finding time to get the 'homework' part done. My son is 4 and ADHD, I also have Fibromyalgia... I feel alone, even though logic tells me I am not. Trying to get myself to get that though... Any advice? Thanks.

BrandyDog

Post by BrandyDog » Tue May 20, 2008 11:45 am

Thanks for the link here. This is wonderful!

*D*

Post by *D* » Tue May 20, 2008 1:27 pm

trinity,
my son had adhd and i have met many that have it.having gone to the house of hope in orlando fla last month and this month to help out with painting and alot of other things. i met young men and women that had it as well.
my wife is disabled with fibro. do you have many flare ups. she does from time to time when the weathr changes or just nothing else causes.
i am sorry that you and others are put off by the religious forum.so do like you said and others do not. so don't let a few rotten apples spoil the whole bunch.
i went through the program a few years ago and come in here to help uplift others no mtter who they are.i like the day that you registered it was my birthday.i wish you well in the program and if you get a chance please feel free to read my profile.
i can go places and do things i had not been able to do in years and you can and the rest of you as well.take care and be blessed.
don

Return to “Spirituality for Anxiety & Depression”