journal

The spiritual response to anxiety and depression
mojocat27

Post by mojocat27 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:24 am

Anyone here having trouble journaling? I am and just hope it don't hinder my progress. Hope you all had a blessed holidays and wishing you much happyness in the upcoming year.

Post by Guest » Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:09 am

Journaling is so important. It helped me reduce my anxiety so much.

When I journaled, answers just came to me. You know those "Ah Ha! Moments".

As a matter of fact, I just bought 3 nice large journals from Borders Bookstore that I'm about to use. I love new journals. I've gone through a lot of them!

Don't worry. It feels strange when you start journaling.

Just write whatever you're feeling for 5 minutes to start. Just to get things off your chest.

You can then turn the negative thoughts around if you want.

Another good way of journaling is to make a gratitude journal and write things that you're grateful for in there. That will help you feel so content with what you have and who you are.

Post by Guest » Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:28 pm

Deedee
thats some good ideas on journaling you have there. I like the idea of a gratitude journal too. Counting our blessings is always a good thing :)
I just started journaling this week and I thought there'd be nothing but as I got started I ended up with about 3 pages. Its a smaller notebook but either way it just came out of me and I felt so much better afterward.
Journaling is freeing in a way.
;)
J~

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:15 am

Jill,

That's a good word for it, "freeing"! It sure is. I think this is one of the most important tools.

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:50 am

Deedee,
What a great idea of a gratitude journal. I can't wait to get home and start it!

Return to “Spirituality for Anxiety & Depression”