Group praying?

The spiritual response to anxiety and depression
carol sveiven

Post by carol sveiven » Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:35 pm

I, too, will be praying for us as we tackle this condition together! I love that we are praying together even though we don't know each other. I'll bet God is smiling down on us!

cfe: I have found that as I get older many things are more overwhelming. When people come to see me they get clean sheets, a clean bathroom, and lots of hugs. I don't even cook like I used to. But I feel time spent is what we all love the most about being with family. They won't remember the condition of your house (if they do, they're too picky!) but they will notice if you're too wiped out to enjoy their company. Take it easy. Leave the mess. Love the people.
Carol

Barb G.

Post by Barb G. » Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:49 pm

Thank you so much Mello for speaking to cfe and me too. Cfe...I relate so much with you and my husband has wondered where the wife he married is. We think we should be able to do more or keep up when our kids have left the nest. I know I'm not the same. I didn't realize how much anxiety I really had..notice I said had cuz I don't want to give in to this demon. I could write more concerning the similarities between cfe and my feelings of failure but I choose to turn that negative talk around like Mello said. I choose to believe things will change as we pray for each other.

Beyond..Thank you for telling us the times to pray. 9pm is good for me. We are praying together. United we stand, divided we fall. We will lift each other up. Yes,maybe reading thru the diff. forums and seeing people's needs will tell us how to pray instead of like I put a prayer req. Sometimes we could PM someone who may need encouragement. God lead us in the right ways to pray for each other. Thank you to all and God bless each and every one.

Mello, Have a wonderful trip.

cfe

Post by cfe » Mon Sep 18, 2006 4:17 pm

Thank you Mello, carol, & Barb. I think I have passed denial, in my morning that witch is no more, and I have made today a better day.
God brought a salesmen that got things started in killing the mold under the house, I needed direction, and here he was, at the craft show last Sat. he said he would come up but I have heard that before. this time he did. I don't think I will be sleeping in my bed tonight, as just making the bed tonight has started up the alergy symptoms again. but I know how to clean it out of that room now. So I am not stressing. I will sleep in the one clean bedroom I have gotten done this week.

you are write loving the pople and having a good meal is more importan than as clean as I would like it to be. I fixed our roast beef, green beans from the garden, dill potatoes, & pecan pie, today and the sales man was very content, then he went in the crawl space and set up the mold killing machine. also trying an ionic water machine hooked to my wash machine. for that rash my husbands brought home from Nam, it will need no sope at all. So far I am not impressed but I told him I would try it and I am. He is coming back next week to see if his stuff worked. I pray it will. this has been a long fight with a short stick as my gradpa used to say. but I have learned so much about mold, nutrition, acupunctur, & and these ionic cleaning machines. like usual I can see God clearly in the rear view mirror. Thanks for your prayers and God Bless you and yours
Cheri {8^) keep looking up ~!~ BLESSED ARE THE CRACKED FOR THEY LET IN THE LIGHT

'Never allow someone to be your Priority while allowing yourself to be their Option'.
"What you are is God's gift to you, and what you do with what you are is your gift to God" Too Blessed to be Stressed!!! May Grace and Mercy be multiplied to you.

Lord Help me to Finish Strong - COLOSSIANS 1:10-12

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew%207&version=AMP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DasqYiQK7HQ

Bakedpears

Post by Bakedpears » Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:06 am

The poll has been up for a few days now. The 10PM (EST); 9PM (CST); 8PM (MST); 7PM (PST) time frame received the most votes. I know this may not work for everybody, but we should at least try to target this time. I feel that the more people praying at the same time, the greater the effect. If you cant pray at that time, then praying at other times should be fine too. I will start praying today
I will pray at 10PM EST. I like the idea of praying at the same time. Thanks.

Smile

Post by Smile » Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:25 am

What a wonderful idea and something I definately want to be a part of.

cfe

Post by cfe » Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:55 pm

What a blessing this forum, has been for me already. I am moving ahead things are happening in my house, to remediate the mold, I am getting out of it more and feeling better. My husband is taking an active part now. God is so good, now my biggest problem is getting motivated rather than waking up. I am so glad to have found this web. I praise God for Lucinda, and her dream to help all of us. God Bless her, and God Bless all of you for your prayers, I am going to my holistic Dr. for the season change acupunctuer today, and I am feeling so well. Thank you all. so much
God Bless you and yours
Cheri {8^) keep looking up ~!~ BLESSED ARE THE CRACKED FOR THEY LET IN THE LIGHT

'Never allow someone to be your Priority while allowing yourself to be their Option'.
"What you are is God's gift to you, and what you do with what you are is your gift to God" Too Blessed to be Stressed!!! May Grace and Mercy be multiplied to you.

cfe

Post by cfe » Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:02 am

I did it again, any way I wanted to say you are in my prayers, too!!! infact now I am on the this sight so much when I should be getting bedrooms ready,

carol you are so right, I went to a Legion meeting yesterday, instead of cleaning, I feel much better, loving others. than cleaning house, but I will get it done, now I am not so overwelmed with it anymore. Thank you all

carol sveiven

Post by carol sveiven » Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:01 am

HI,

How is everyone doing with this new program? I am in the second tape, and am getting so much out of it. I'm already feeling better. It's hard not to jump ahead!! I thank you all for your prayers, and continue to send mine up for each of you. Has anyone else signed up for the coaching program? I signed up for the group coaching. I had my cable TV turned off for three months, and quit putting money in the savings for the next three months. Tha's just about enough to make the payments in five easy sessions! I spoke with my therapist, ans she is very excited about this program and is going to look into it for other patients. She strongly encouraged me to using the caoching program (hard to cut loose with that much loot!) Well, lunch is over time to get vback to the office.
love and prayers at seven,
linnea
Carol

Isla Del Mar says NO to anxiety!

Post by Isla Del Mar says NO to anxiety! » Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:26 pm

I'm in Florida and I would like to join the prayer group. I dont get home till 10pm sometimes from work I can pray 1100pm-1130pm every night let me know why don't we all agree to just pray for each other at a specific time and then talk on here about maybe something God spoke to us about you guys let me know.
"Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it"

cfe

Post by cfe » Wed Sep 20, 2006 4:59 pm

yes Caro, I have a coach,

I was so boged down I was taking a month for each lesson, after 4 months, they called and asked if I would like to try it with a coach, just the night before praise God! My husband had said to me I never know who I am talking to. you change all the time. If he hadn't said that I would have never spent the money for it. I am so glad I did it made all the diffrence for me I think I would still be on lesson 4 if I han't. Now I have done all the tapes, and have just went through my first growing pains,

I am not wear I want to be, but Thank God I am not wear I used to be, I'm OK and I'm on my way, by Joyce Meher

I am really believaing I can get over this, and be the person God made me to be.
God Bless us all!!!

Return to “Spirituality for Anxiety & Depression”