Group praying?

The spiritual response to anxiety and depression
Mello Nello

Post by Mello Nello » Sun Sep 17, 2006 6:27 am

Hey All,
I think this is a wonderful idea!! cfe, we do this at our church also. Ive seen many prayers answered by so many praying as one.
By the way, please keep me in your prayers, im going on a trip next thursday, till the following tuesday. Its a 15hr drive and ive not gone this far in years. We have made many trips ,just not this far. We will be staying with some nice people im sure, but ive never met them. They are friends of my husbands. Another BIG challenge for me. I know i can do this, its just some anticipating, and im sure you all know how that is. So, just pray for traveling mercies for my husband and I and that i will have a wonderful time, cause tahts what im expecting... God Bless and Love you All. Nelly :)

cfe

Post by cfe » Sun Sep 17, 2006 8:52 am

keep me in your prayers, im going on a trip next thursday, till the following tuesday. Its a 15hr drive
will be staying with some nice people im sure, but ive never met them.
pray for traveling mercies for my husband and I and that i will have a wonderful time

Mello Nello it would be my priviledge to pray for you. "Christ is seated in heavenly places and I am seated in Him. He is above all principalities and paowers and all things are under His feet
Cheri {8^) keep looking up ~!~ BLESSED ARE THE CRACKED FOR THEY LET IN THE LIGHT

'Never allow someone to be your Priority while allowing yourself to be their Option'.
"What you are is God's gift to you, and what you do with what you are is your gift to God" Too Blessed to be Stressed!!! May Grace and Mercy be multiplied to you.

Lord Help me to Finish Strong - COLOSSIANS 1:10-12

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew%207&version=AMP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DasqYiQK7HQ

cfe

Post by cfe » Sun Sep 17, 2006 9:10 am

Some times when I reach for the" I end up sending the message out. any way have a Blessed trip Nelly!!!

Would you pray for me. My house is in such a mess, as I have had company all sumer, and the mold in the trophy room has had me sick the last month again. Also moving my mother-in-law's things (my husband's sister gave him from her estate.) in to my hose, and our daughter moved in with my mom in Vegas after leaving everything she ownes here, I am putting that stuff away, our new renter dosn't mind if her stuff stays in the basement. Thank God, so I only have to work with what is here in my house all ready. Also because of my alergy problems, we have airconditioned the house, they put it in the attic, so everything up there that was put away is now in dissaray, and there is less room for it than their was. Now I am asking for your prayers, because, on Oct. 7th we will be branding 200 fall calves, and since this is a small branding,and none of our neighbors have fall calves, we invite relatives, and friends to come up on a Sat. some of those relatives are coming from a long way and they will need to stay here. I did get 2 bedrooms cleared out and cleaned, 2 left to go and they are piled, with our daughters stuff, and things that came out of the attic to make room for A/C I am letting this overwelm me, and I don't have time to procrastinate, like this. My office desk is 2 feet deep with all the stuff I have been procrastinating on the past year. I need to clear that out, but I am always wanting to sleep, and if I do anything like mow the lawn, or vacume, I am done for the day. God help me with this dilema, I would hire someone, but all the sorting, no one can do that but me. Help me to take this one day at a time, 20 days to go and 12 rooms to clean, I need a bright idea, and patience with myself. Thank you
Cheri {8^) keep looking up ~!~ BLESSED ARE THE CRACKED FOR THEY LET IN THE LIGHT

'Never allow someone to be your Priority while allowing yourself to be their Option'.
"What you are is God's gift to you, and what you do with what you are is your gift to God" Too Blessed to be Stressed!!! May Grace and Mercy be multiplied to you.

Mello Nello

Post by Mello Nello » Sun Sep 17, 2006 10:06 am

Cfe,
Yes i will pray for you!! How bout hiring someone the help you go through the things you need to sort through? You could just stand there and point, and they could do the work. We ALL have way to much stuff!!! We did to. I decided, it all had to go except what we needed. I called my kids, one lives 200miles from us and said, if you want your old stuff, come get it or its going in the trash!! My son lives in town, told him the same thing. You know what? NEITHER wanted any of it, so it went to the dump ground. All we had to do was load it in the back of my husbands pick up. Also, maybe you could hire someone to help you clean before the Oct. thing you are having. And as far as the mold in the trophy room, Clorox clean will kill that. It kills all kinds of mold.
CFE,, whatever you do,, make a schedule each day, if you dont get it all done, then start where you left off the next day. I have found, i work well with a list and a schedule. Downsizing, living simplier, where you are is so much sweeter and you will be much happier... Take care Nelly

cfe

Post by cfe » Sun Sep 17, 2006 12:04 pm

Thank you Nelly, I have though of that, but I have not done it. I can't think who I would hire, I had hoped my daughter and I could do more this summer but it dissapeared with all the weddings in OK. To soon the time was all gone. I guess I just can't believe I am so usless, that I can't do this, if I can't admint it to myself, witch neighbor can I andmit it to. I paid one of them last year to help me clean up the mold last year, she painted, and I can't believe it is happening again. one step forward and 2 back, discourages, me. I go at it like I can wipe this then I get boged down in it. We don't have mary maids, out here they are 80 miles away. I have been thinking this afternoon, I could get some one to wash windows, for me, I have been doing that some, instead of wading in to the piles, maybe, I will call one gal now that her kids ate in school, she may be able to hlep me. God Bless you

Mello Nello

Post by Mello Nello » Sun Sep 17, 2006 12:12 pm

cfe,
You can do this!! But, remember you dont have to be perfect!!! I wash my windows once a year. Remember this is family that is coming, not the president!! They love you!! And im sure they arent going to inspect everything, and if they do, well give them something to clean!!! (hehe). YOur nOT worthless, and your not a failure. We all hate anxiety/depression, it just takes time and practice to get rid of the dang stuff. Take care, Nelly:)

cfe

Post by cfe » Sun Sep 17, 2006 12:49 pm

Thank You Nelly. today a girl asked why is my husband ackting this way. on the net business forum. I recognized right away, he is morning losing the wife he maried. I saw it when my dad was dying in my mom. It is easier to help others than it is to help youself, you can see the big pictuer from out side the mess. That must be why we are told when you are sick, call the elders, they can see the problem and solve it for you. My pride is in my way, I know my husband morned the loss of the woman he married, for years now, he realizes I am not me any more. I am not confident, I am not forcfull, I was his mama griz, I fought for my kids, I never backed down from a confrontation, with any one.
Now I don't want too, I cry just thinking about asking some one to come here and help me. I feel like such a failure. cleaning up and making a meal for 30 people wasn't even a problem 3 years ago. now I don't see how I can do it. so I just sleep, I am exhosted for no reason. I am morning the passing of the me I used to be. I used to drive the tractor and rake the hay with my husband bailing it right behind me for 6-8 hours I loved to tell people my husband chased me around the piviot all night long. now 2 hours and I am to tired to drive home. I am to young to be this old. I have aunts in their 80's that can out walk me. I think I wish something phisical was wrong, I don't know if the alergy to the mold, is doing this or the anxiety, of failing to see the problem before it got this bad. I am supposed to be the one that keeps the house safe, and I let the floor rot out, from under us, and now it is contaminated again, because the electrition put a 220 plug in, and the ventelator motor burned up, so the mold has returned, because my husband didn't take all the affected wood out of the floor when he replaced it.
I know my God will make a way for me! but I have let us all down, and now it is piled all around me.
Oh! Wellcome to my pitty party, now I am going to get off the net. and get back to work. I am an overcomer, and I am not letting the enemy win. I am not perfect that is toooooo true, but I an not a quiter. thank you for you pep talk, God Bless you and yous

beyond

Post by beyond » Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:17 am

The poll has been up for a few days now. The 10PM (EST); 9PM (CST); 8PM (MST); 7PM (PST) time frame received the most votes. I know this may not work for everybody, but we should at least try to target this time. I feel that the more people praying at the same time, the greater the effect. If you cant pray at that time, then praying at other times should be fine too. I will start praying today.

Regarding posting specific prayer requests, Im not sure what the best way to handle that. Posting in one thread can get out of hand. Maybe starting a seperate forum could work? For now it might be best to just pray generally for all us who suffer for anxiety, depression, and other pains of life. We can than see how this grows.

cfe

Post by cfe » Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:45 am

Ok! at 8:00pm it is! thank you for thinking or this forum, I will pray for all those who suffer for anxiety, depression, and other pains of life: In the day of trouble He will hid us in His shelter; in the secret place of His tent will He hid us; He will set us high upon a rock. Psalm 27:5
God Bless our messes

Mello Nello

Post by Mello Nello » Mon Sep 18, 2006 12:46 pm

Cfe,
Go back and reread your post!!! underline all the negatives in it!!! Failure, I let us all down, Mourning who you were, To tired. All negatives cfe.
(1) No human can be super human, especially moms.
(2) You sure are giving yourself alot of power (I let everyone down)
(3) Depression/Anxiety makes us tired!!
(4) I dont know how old you are, but if you have grown children,, its time to slow down some. You deserve it!!
(5) You arent supposed to stay the same person your whole life,, everyone and everything changes!!
(6) You keep with the program, you will be a BETTER, STRONGER, PERSON.
(7) NO such things as FAILURE!!
(8) Thank God everyday, there is NOTHING physically wrong.
(9) People LOVE you for who YOU are, NOT how much you DO
(10) Make yourself a committment to do a little more each day and before you get out of bed, thank God for the another day to LIVE!!!!

Love you , Nely :)

Return to “Spirituality for Anxiety & Depression”