Group praying?

The spiritual response to anxiety and depression
beyond

Post by beyond » Thu Sep 14, 2006 6:12 am

I was wondering if people were interested in starting a group praying. At a predetermined time of the day/week we can all come together to pray for all of us suffering from anxiety and depression.
What do you think?

Kucek

Post by Kucek » Thu Sep 14, 2006 5:44 pm

I think this is a very wonderful idea. When I read your suggestion I felt good about it. I have often heard group prayer has a healing effect, I have always wanted to do this. Kucek :)

carol d

Post by carol d » Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:57 am

I love that idea. I would definetly be involved. We could use all the prayers we could get. Just knowing others are praying for me to overcome this stupid anxiety thing is a good feeling. I like this.

MC Grace

Post by MC Grace » Fri Sep 15, 2006 3:26 am

:)<span class="ev_code_PURPLE">I could not commit to a time to be logged on; because my scedule is erratic. But I could try to pray at a certain time, wherever I am.</span>
I will sing unto the LORD, because he hath dealt bountifully with me.
Psalm 13:6

hope4peace

Post by hope4peace » Fri Sep 15, 2006 4:43 am

I like this idea a lot. Prayer is so powerful, especially when two or more come together. I'm in. Maybe we can pick a convenient time for all. Maybe East coaster can pray at 12pm, West Coasters at 9 am, Centrals at 10am?? not sure if that is right. Or maybe there's a better way. At any event, I'm in so let me know how you want to work it.

carol sveiven

Post by carol sveiven » Fri Sep 15, 2006 5:40 am

HI, I love the idea of praying for each other. I am a firm believer in the power of prayer. I think the easiest for me would be to pick a time when we could all know we are praying for each other. If I might, I'd like to add a few verses that have been of tremendous help to me:
Zephaniah 3:18 "Sing, O daughter of Zion; shout, O Israel; be glad and rejoice with all your heart, O daughter of Jerusalem. For the Lord will remove his hand of judgement, and disperse the armies of your enemy (anxiety/panic/depression) And the Lord himslef, the King of Israel, will live among you! At last your troubles will be over--you need fear no more.
On that day the announcement to Jerusalem will be, "Cheer up, don't be afraid. For the Lord your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty Savior. He will give you the victory. He will rejoice over you in great gladness; he will love you and not accuse you." Is that a joyous choir I hear? No, it is the Lord himself exulting over you in happy song. from the Living Bible
The best for each of you. I'll check bck in to see what decision we have reached.
Excited!!
linnea@saber.net
Carol

beyond

Post by beyond » Fri Sep 15, 2006 7:46 am

Great, there is interest in this. I would like to set the time in eastern time zone, and right now i think 10 PM is a good time. Please let me know if another time is better. Is daily group prayer too much or should a few days a week be selected?
Should we establish any guidelines?? Like we pray for 10 minutes? Should we use names/usernames in the prayers?
I just want to mention that we dont have to be at a computer to participate, just pray at the predetermined time wherever you want.

MC Grace

Post by MC Grace » Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:10 am

<span class="ev_code_GREEN">10 pm is past my bedtime. But I will try to pray before I go to bed. My vote is everyday is fine--with no determined length. Once a week is fine, too. Every Mon., Wed., Fri.--no matter. (Well I could pray at 7pm EST and be praying with those in the west.)</span>
I will sing unto the LORD, because he hath dealt bountifully with me.
Psalm 13:6

Barb G.

Post by Barb G. » Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:12 pm

I think Central time in WI is 2 hrs. ahead of you so I could pray at midnight or maybe it would be better I just prayed at 10pm also. Will you be posting prayer requests or we're just praying for the names in general about anxiety. Let me know the day your starting. This is a super idea!

barnabas

Post by barnabas » Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:18 pm

count me in. I think its wonderful. :D

Return to “Spirituality for Anxiety & Depression”