Group praying?

The spiritual response to anxiety and depression
cfe

Post by cfe » Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:16 pm

Declare the Word byMeyer Joyce
The written Word of God is His formal decree. When a believer declares that Word out of his mouth, with a heart full of faith, His faith-filled words go forth to establish God's order in his life.
When the Royal Decree is pronounced, things begin to change!
<span class="ev_code_RED">I will declare the decree of the Lord - Psalm 2;7 Amp</span>

<span class="ev_code_RED">I am more than a conqueror through Christ Who loves me. - Romans 8;37</span>

<span class="ev_code_RED">Though I walk (live) in the flesh, I am not carrying on my warfare according to the flesh and using mere human weapons. For the weapons of my warfare are not physical [weapons of flesh and blood]. but they are mighty before God for the overthrow and destruction of strongholds. - Corinthians 10;3-4</span>

Dear Lord and Savior, I pray tonight, for Monica, for her faith to grow strong in her, open her eyes to Your presence in her life, open her heart to Your unconditional Love for her. help her to know it is Your great pleasure to give her the desires of her heart. Give her a hint of just how Good a Day this is in your book of life. I pray for her husband that he finds work for his hands, and good compensation for his labor. May they both see the end of this tunnel, and take You (the light of the world) through this valley with them, send angels to make strait their path, and spread favor before them. In the precious name of Jesus, Amen
Cheri {8^) keep looking up ~!~ BLESSED ARE THE CRACKED FOR THEY LET IN THE LIGHT

'Never allow someone to be your Priority while allowing yourself to be their Option'.
"What you are is God's gift to you, and what you do with what you are is your gift to God" Too Blessed to be Stressed!!! May Grace and Mercy be multiplied to you.

Lord Help me to Finish Strong - COLOSSIANS 1:10-12

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew%207&version=AMP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DasqYiQK7HQ

YoyoyoMo,nica

Post by YoyoyoMo,nica » Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:41 am

Amen....thank you Cheri and Barb for lifing up my situation. I had no idea. I need all the prayers I can get. Thank you for your kind words. U prayed for exactly what I needed. My faith is shaken to the core. My hubby lost his job on last Monday, I had a nervous breakdown. Then on the next tuesday we got his last check wich should have been a large one. about $2000. so he was on the phone and wanted me to open it up. (not thinking that there would be a problem) well it was a check for $190 and a itemized nasty letter I blew a fuse. Our gas was set to shut off on Friday and the power early next week. we needed that check to avoid this. so seeing that we were in big trouble. I could not take it anymore. I got into my car and tried to do somthing bad. my hubby made me go to the ER for help. I am currently trying to find therapy. *sigh*

anyways I dont know if you wanted to know all of that. thanks for the prayers.
monica

cfe

Post by cfe » Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:51 am

You are so welcome Monica
that is why I am here, to pry for you and others, to help you when you are in the middle of your storm, to remind you how much God loves you, and wants to fix this for you, but you must let it all go, forgive it all, and expect a miracle.
I have been to that point myself. I met Jesus that night. He didn't make things different, He didn't give me the answer to life, love and everything. He told me "your life is not yours to take." I immediately understood! He had bought me, and my life belonged to Him. That happened 35 years ago, Oh I raised my kids, going to church, but like Joyce said sitting in a pew does not make you a Christian, doing what's right, doesn't not make you a Christian. I heard, one answer last weekend at a retreat. "Christianity is not a religion, It is a RELATIONSHIP with Jesus Christ! It has taken me years to build a relationship, with Jesus, so I can discern His voice "my sheep know my voice" and know what he needs me to do, it took slowing down, it took prayer unceasing. it took being told I was going to die. for me! "taking off the old man, and putting on the new" was not all that easy, but I clung to the fact, that this is not my life to take, it is my life to give, and to serve my savior Jesus Christ. I can remember when He said that, I was so upset I told Him, "then you take it, I have run it in to the ground and I don't want it any more". You would have thought that would do it. Some people get a flash of lightning and a power force, and they are instantly healed! but not me, I went to the Dr. he put me in the hospital, knocked me out for 3 days, and I got rested. went home and took my life back off alter, and continued to be the old me, until my daughter was in a horrible, marriage, my Dr. told me I would be dead in 3 months. I prayed and the Lord moved for me, but I have to say He moves for me like the wind. I can't see it, but I can see what has been done by the power of it.
I am getting better at BELIEVING, this is a good day no matter what it looks like, as I continue to walk this valley, of the shadows, of death, with a tight grip on my Rock.
last week I was in the midst of a storm. my Faith was shaking, I got through it by speaking the Words of God. like Jesus did in the Wilderness, when our enemy would suggest something, Jesus said "It is written". that has helped me so much to be able to talk back to my distress, with God's Word, to calm the storm inside of me, When I am calm I am usable. When I speak "GOD DIRECTS MY STEPS" it clams me it is my most powerful affirmation, that all "is working for my benefit, because I love the Lord"
We can't recognize a good day, last week I lost 12 hours to tears, and heartache, but I came out of it Believing, "This is the day that my Lord has made, I shall rejoice and be glad IN IT" I forgave everyone, and everything I could think of that might be standing between me and the Lord. and I spent time in prayer. This week, I am looking (in my rear view mirror) and thinking that is old news now, and it seems trivial, nothing but the wind, I am not sure we realize what a miracle, life is to start with, we don't really need lightning bolts, we need PEACE,
Jesus, forgave from the cross, knowing he would be in Heaven, and that is how we must live, by "forgive me as I forgive those who trespasses against me" , it brings me peace, the peace that passes all understanding. I am not to the point yet that I can forgive in the moment, but I am getting there. Because "God is my defender, my avenger, and the lifter of my head". when I let Him, have my life! the life he paid for on the cross,

When I asked Him in to my heart He came, then I ignored His severity, for all these years and only now gaining the freedom, of letting God, take care of me, like He said He would in His book of love letters to me, the Holly Bible. God Bless you YoyoyoMo,nica, He loves you more than you do!

Get to know the Lord by Joyce Meyer
Spend your time getting to know God instead of trying to figure out what He is doing.
<span class="ev_code_RED"> And this is eternal life; [it means] to know )to perceive, recognize, become acquainted with, and understand) You, the only true and real God, and [likewise] to know Him, Jesus [as the} Christ (the Anointed, One, the Messiah), Whom You have sent. - John 17;3 AMP</span>

Dear Lord, give Monica rest, and the Peace you left with us, give us all insight in to that REAL PEACE that you left for us, in the Holy Spirit. that we may rest, in the Middle of our storm, knowing YOU will still the waves, and stop the wind of life, for us. Bless Monica, and Barb, and all of us in this group. may we really know You, love us, like a brother, with the Power of the Universe on our side, who can really stand against us.
Cheri {8^) keep looking up ~!~ BLESSED ARE THE CRACKED FOR THEY LET IN THE LIGHT

'Never allow someone to be your Priority while allowing yourself to be their Option'.
"What you are is God's gift to you, and what you do with what you are is your gift to God" Too Blessed to be Stressed!!! May Grace and Mercy be multiplied to you.

indysgirl

Post by indysgirl » Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:01 pm

i really like the idea of group praying. i need all the prayer i can get right now and i think alot of other people are feeling like me or worse. im at a very low point and i fear that people that dont know god are doing much worse than me. Is there a specific time everyone was thinking of? i live in california so ill minus or add hours depending on what time you guys would like to pray. please let me know. the power of prayer is so great

Lisa21179

Post by Lisa21179 » Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:32 pm

I am really excited about this! I definitely believe that prayer is the first thing that works but sometimes the last thing we think of. I'm so glad that there is a group of people committed to praying first!

I'm definitely in!

*D*

Post by *D* » Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:22 pm

monica,
i will be praying for you as well. we all know that GOD works in time of need. he has for all of us and we can never out give him..our CHURCH just got off a 21 day fast last SUNDAY.we did the daniel fast because my wife is disabled and, she had never done a fast before..
we got off sweets and other things that we have not been back on.
i heard a PASTOR say that when ever you need a PRAYER answered FAST and PRAY.it does not have to be all day or a week. just one meal or a day ewithout something..we drank alot of juice and ate fruits and vegestables..
take care and let me know how it goes..i know you will be just fine...
keep your chin up and know that you are in our thoughts and prayers..GOD BLESS..
DON

*D*

Post by *D* » Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:24 pm

LISA,
our CHURCH is going on a mission trip to oralndo 3 different months for a week. in march, april and may.we go to a collage there and help out and get a chance to fix things that they broke and, a chance to share GODS word..take care and GOD BLESS..
DON

cfe

Post by cfe » Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:58 pm

Welcome indysgitrl & Lisa21179 prayer is the one thing that is never closed, and never out of style. we officially pray together at; 10:PM (EST); 9:PM (CST); 8:PM (MST); 7:PM (PST) but we all pray when we can, and when we feel the urge. 124 of us use this forum, to reach out to others when we can, and ask for prayer when we have a need. And to Celebrate our triumphs too.
I am so happy to add you to that list, as you can tell on the forum, many of us just check in and pray silently, and others, writ their prayers, out. What ever you are comfortable with it fine.
I am thinking now we cant "set 124,000,000 to flee"

YoyoyoMo,nica

Post by YoyoyoMo,nica » Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:52 am

Bless u this group for the encouraging words it means TONS to me. I have been praying more in the last 2 days. I actually read a lil bit of my bible. But it is a start. We had communion in church this last Sabbath. I internalized taking the Lord into ME! "This is my body" (bread) "This is my blood" (grape juice, no alcohol wine) Jesus living in me now. THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I REALIZED THIS! I have done communion Many many times before. Then for the foot washing ceremoney (which I have not participated in for about a year) I did this with my husband in private class room in the church away from everybody. and we CRIED and PRAYED and TALKED and SANG! For the first time ever it was WONDERFUL! I had to share. Prayers helped me through. I am NOT out of the woods yet. My life is in shambles still. but that was a ray at the end of the tunnel. I just wanted to share. Bless u guys.
Monica

Mimigirl

Post by Mimigirl » Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:02 am

Hey Monica,
I don't know how I have missed this forum all these months but anyway I found it now and I am thankful. Prayer is such a powerful thing and to think we are all here to pray for others and to recieve prayer is fantastic. Monica your post was awesome I just read it and I am so inspired. I know you have been suffering sweetie and I am so happy to here about your church experience today that is fantastic boy GOD IS GOOD isn't he. Well I just wanted to join in here and tell you how awesome it was to read your story. Thank you for sharing it will all of us you are a inspiration to me.
Love Mimi

Return to “Spirituality for Anxiety & Depression”