Group praying?

The spiritual response to anxiety and depression
Isla Del Mar says NO to anxiety!

Post by Isla Del Mar says NO to anxiety! » Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:40 am

<span class="ev_code_PINK">I try to watch Joyce Meyer everyday before work and yes I remember when she said that, that you quoted above. Amen! We may not be where we want to be but Thank God we aren't where we used to be!!!</span>
"Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it"

Barb G.

Post by Barb G. » Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:10 pm

I like Joyce Meyer too. I don't catch her on TV but am a partner and get a CD every month. I love it. Each month is exactly what I need. Do you know you can be a partner for as little as $3-5. One of her sayings I also like is "Don't mix up your who with your do". Thanks to this program I'm on day 2 working at a bakery. I sell bakery and get to talk to people. I love it except my feet are killing me! (Soaking them right now). I never would have gotten this job if it wasn't for the program. I thank God every day for it and for all of you. Anyone who says it doesn't work hasn't given it a chance. I'm leaving now for a class at a different church on Healing. First night. In Oct. there will be a team coming for 3 days to do a school. The last day we will go on the streets and pray for people's healings, salvations,etc. I'm so excited because even tho I still get nervous I remember my breathing and to change my self talk. I had sugar the other day (of course what else would I expect at a bakery??) Anyhow, too much. It really affects me in a terrible way. So I probably should keep listening to tape 5. I need discipline. Please pray I can be more disciplined in everything.

carol sveiven

Post by carol sveiven » Fri Sep 22, 2006 3:02 am

Good Morning, Keep up the good fight cfe. VictoriousD I pray throughout the day. I try to remember my specific time, but don't always. I think it's fun to try to pray at once, and still know that God hears each, and time doesn't matter to him. Barb G. I know what you mean about the sugar. Since I quit drinking wine (went from 2-3 glasses a night to 3-4 to what the hell finish the bottle and then after joing the program weaned myself off coffee ( I like it STRONG) and have quit eating sugar ( it's my granddaughters 6th birthday today and I'm sure I'll have some birthday cake. One thing my brother once said that helped me was, No bite is better than the first bite. He's the only thin one inthe family, and I try to remember that when I want not just one piece, but a big one!! It is so fun to be out working, I work in a dental office. I'll bet the stress level at the bakery is considerably less than my job! That sounds like it would be fun. I try to do things in moderation, unless I'm finding that they are contributing to this anxiety problem that I am trying to lick. Then I'm treating those things like poison to me, and God is giving me the strength to leave them alone. I am so thankful for his watchfulness and care. MelloNello how was the trip? I drive by myself from up by Eureka, CA to Santa Barbara Ca to visit my mom. It's about a 12-14 hourdrive for me. through San Francisco traffic. Makes me nervous and anxious every time. I'm thinking that this program will help make my future trips easier.
I just took a minute to write down the names of all of us prayaing together. I don't know if there are more that just haven't signed in to chat, but there are fourteen of us on the three pages. That's such a great thing. I am very encouraged just knowing that each of you is out there working through this with me. I have gone back to Al Anon, got strated back to Bible Study, went to a movei (the Prarie Home Companion) with my friend from work. Went to a concert at a church in town The Blackwood Legacy. Good music. Just being able to go out again, and be around people some is such a good feeling. I have been so shut off for so long. (chalked it up to "simplifying my life" and work is so stressful I just need to get away from people ;by the end of the day.) Hence the dive into the wine bottle. Hard to fill my evenings the first week I quit drinking. It was a very pleasant way to spend the evenings. BUT this program has kept me busiet than a three legged bird dog. and I'm feeling so hopeful about the future, and most importantly am learning to live in the moment.
Have a great day!
linnea
Carol

cfe

Post by cfe » Fri Sep 22, 2006 4:59 am

Living in the perfect present moment. I love that, it really helped me through the program. We have so many past hurts, and dwelling on them only hurts us all over again. We need a little Holly amnesia, Forgive them for they know not what they do.

Barb G I have found soking me feet in epson salt, and baking soda, is good, better yet with apple cider viniger added. and my favourite is Musada, it is expensive so I ususaly put in a 1/4 cup of Musada, and then add more salt and baking soda. it really takes out the pain, fast. Also I have found that the magnetic, insoles are good I use Nikken, witch are again expensive, but I have had mine for 8 yeras. My mom and my daughter have had very sore feet for years. and they got Foot Levelers with magnets in them already, from my holistic Dr. this summer and now they can out last me. the Foot Levelers were expensive, my daughter got inserts, and my mom got sandles, on account of her feet hurt so bad, she can't stand shooes at all. Also they are doing the streteches, my holistic Dr. gave us. They really help me too. Mom is amazed because she has been wearing Burkenstock for years and these are so much better! I have the Good Feet inserts, and they are good, but I would highly recomend the Foot Levelers over the Good Feet, incerts.

I am prasing God for your job, Hallaluya! God is good, and Bless you in your new heeling class, God is filling your cup so you can serve Him from your abundence. That sounds like so much fun!

All my prayers, I love this Forum. God Bless us all.
Cheri {8^) keep looking up ~!~ BLESSED ARE THE CRACKED FOR THEY LET IN THE LIGHT

'Never allow someone to be your Priority while allowing yourself to be their Option'.
"What you are is God's gift to you, and what you do with what you are is your gift to God" Too Blessed to be Stressed!!! May Grace and Mercy be multiplied to you.

Lord Help me to Finish Strong - COLOSSIANS 1:10-12

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew%207&version=AMP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DasqYiQK7HQ

cfe

Post by cfe » Sat Sep 23, 2006 2:59 pm

I had another growing pain today, and I cried, I don't do that my Dad was a Marine and My husband is a Marine. I learned Theraputic Toutch from a phic nurse, years ago, she told me I needed to cry every day for an hour for the next 30 years, to get rid of all the traped tears I had sucked up over the my life. So I am alowed to cry now, and I still have a problem with it. Today, I cried in front of my husband so I had to tell him why. That was good, I has a hot flash, but I told him I was taking things to seriously, in my life and it was giving me this anxiety. He seem to have taken it well, He dosn't take me seriously, enough, on the other hadn he dosn't have axiety, so he is probably doing well!. I am praying for all of you,
Here is to all of you:
I am overcome with joy because of God's unfailing love, for He has seen my troubles, and He cares about the anguish of my soul. Psalm 31:7
God Bless your mess
Cheri {8^) keep looking up ~!~ BLESSED ARE THE CRACKED FOR THEY LET IN THE LIGHT

'Never allow someone to be your Priority while allowing yourself to be their Option'.
"What you are is God's gift to you, and what you do with what you are is your gift to God" Too Blessed to be Stressed!!! May Grace and Mercy be multiplied to you.

carol sveiven

Post by carol sveiven » Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:24 pm

Hi, I am in the middle of CD #3. I told my friend at church today (that I work with during the week) that I am going to practice thinking only good thoughts about people and everything. I told her I plan to work on trying to say only positive things. She laughed, and said, So, you'll be pretty quiet tomorrow won't you!! Ha ha. It's so much easier to come up with the negative stuff. this will be a new and exciting way of life. I am having panic attacks today. Always such a disappointment. Carolyn Dickman siad to be patient with myself and go slow. So I will work on taking her advice. Have a good week
linnea
Carol

Barb G.

Post by Barb G. » Sun Sep 24, 2006 3:36 pm

I'm on #6 but haven't done work in my wkbk. for a while. I started a new job and since I haven't worked for quite a while cuz of all the anxiety, depression etc.it's been hard. I was training 4 days last wk and will be 4 this wk. but I don't go in till Wed. My husband is off tomorrow but I'm hoping to get up earlier and do my lesson. Yes, we'll still have times of anxiety but hopefully they will get less and less and not as long. You have a good week too Carol or Linnea not sure what you'd want to be called.

Barb G.

Post by Barb G. » Sun Sep 24, 2006 3:56 pm

cfe, I just saw your post when I went back on the page after I wrote Carol. Thanks for the ideas for my feet. I just did start using epsom salts. Funny you said baking soda. I prayed and asked God about a month ago and I felt he said use baking soda. Cool, now you're saying it as a confirmation. I will use it with the epsom salts and do the page you wrote in my favorites. What is the baking soda supposed to do? Where do you get those insoles you talked about? They told me at the bakery to buy nurses shoes. I haven't but may go shopping tomorrow. Have you or has anyone tried the Dr.Scholl's gel inserts? Someone told me to get them. I hope Mello is having a good time on her trip. I don't drive very far by myself. My husband usually does all the driving. I did drive by myself to a friends up north (a 4 hr. drive) that was a BIG step of faith for me. That was before starting the program. Maybe once I finish I'll be willing to step out more.

cfe

Post by cfe » Sun Sep 24, 2006 4:58 pm

<A HREF="http://www.footlevelers.com" TARGET=_blank>www.footlevelers.com</A> they are made in USA and were developed for chiropratics, so I suppose you would have to go to a chiropractor, that sells them. It is quite extensive with an immager, they are made to fit your foot, now just anyones like, the gells, and nurses shooes. After 2 years you need new ones, as your foot should be readjusting, for a better leveler you. Dr scholl's or good feet, are mad by the thousands all the same, they don't work with your body the way it is. I have not tied the gell inserts. I would think they would be good, as they do cushion your feet, but they won't help with the support you need.

Blaking soda is great for sofening your skin, and drawing out the pain. as is the salt. The salt will dry your feet but the soda will help to repair the skin, but a good oil, even olive oil, is great after the bath. use equal parts salt, to soda.

I have also been praying for Mello's trip, God Bless her and all of us.

I call out to High God, the God who holds me together. He sends orders from heaven and saves me. God delivers generous love, He makes good on His word. Psalm 57:2-3

cfe

Post by cfe » Mon Sep 25, 2006 2:43 am

Dear Carol sveinven; I know God is smiling on you, you go girl, Psalm;33:3 Sing to Him a new song;...... Wow and you have told a friend that you work with, and from your church, she can be the one to hold you accountable in your determination to win over this negative spirit in your life. You stay the corse, then she will want what you have, and this mustard seed you have planted will make a ripple in that church, that can start a wave of revivle. I am so excited for you, (I don't get excited easily) I just know God is excited too, the angels are standing ready to help you, don't hesitate to call on them, to make strate your path. God is working through you! what a thrill that is.

Don't be dismayed, "Biger Level, Biger Devel, but Grater is HE that is in you than he that is in the world" If you should stumble, get up ant press twards the mark. I am praying for you! You name is written in my book. God Bless you and yours

Return to “Spirituality for Anxiety & Depression”