Perfect new year Scripture

The spiritual response to anxiety and depression
Maeggie

Post by Maeggie » Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:34 am

Today's Scripture

“Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!” (2 Corinthians 5:17)

Today's Word from Joel and Victoria

As a follower of Christ, you are a new creation! You have a new spirit, a new walk, a new life! Are there “old” things in your life that you are trying to get rid of? Maybe you have old behaviors or addictions that you want to change. Remember, the new has come. It’s a new year and it’s time to be the new you. Let this year be the year you break old habits and addictions. Let this be the year that you move forward into a new life of victory. And your new life includes all the spiritual blessings the Lord has promised in His Word. You have a promise of peace. Health. Protection. Provision. Be encouraged today and know that no matter what is happening in your life right now, you can embrace the new life God has prepared for you. Make the choice today to leave the old behind—leave behind old behavior, old thinking, old words. Embrace the new by faith and you’ll move forward into the life of blessing the Lord has in store for you.

A Prayer for Today

Heavenly Father, thank You for making me new. Help me to understand Your plan for me so that I can fully embrace Your promises. I choose today to leave behind the old life and ask that You empower me by Your spirit today. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

ROCKROCK

Post by ROCKROCK » Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:39 am

Thanks for today's scripture, good words to remember.

Peace be with You,
Rocky

bevhembree

Post by bevhembree » Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:11 pm

Maeggie,
If that wasn't written directly for you......it's a mighty big coincidence!
Thanks for sharing, Beverly
"Here and happy because of my three little angels- Marie, Chad and Cady."

IMHappy

Post by IMHappy » Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:18 pm

I needed that scripture...thank you! :)

Maeggie

Post by Maeggie » Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:00 pm

Thanks for responding everyone! I like to know someone is getting something from my posts!

Beverly: you are an amazing women! thanks for stopping by and responding.. I also thought once I read that "oh man.. this is totally freaking me out!" I think god is trying to speak to me.. Joel's thoughts are the first time 'i've reached out to god' your right, too coincidental- your right, written for me!

ineedhelpasap

Post by ineedhelpasap » Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:12 pm

Maeggie.. thank you so much for that scripture! Those were beautiful words very well said and i definitely needed that!!!!

CynLuvsYlo

Post by CynLuvsYlo » Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:36 pm

That was beautiful. Thank you!

He is always speaking to each and every one of us. We just have to learn to 'listen' and live in the light of the Lord.

God Bess each and every one of you ~

fischee

Post by fischee » Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:44 pm

Thanks for the spiritual nourishment! I really like Joel Olstean (sp?). I also read a lot of Max Lucado- Anyone else?

Blessings to everyone.

*D*

Post by *D* » Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:30 am

maeggie,
that was so beautiful and alot of others can benefit from it as well. sometimes GOD speaks to us in different ways..we need to be still sometime and listen to what he is saying to us..its hard sometime when we are so busy and others are all around us..we need some alone time to think ...our church is doing a 21 day fast and it started last SUNDAY..my wife and i are doing the daniel fast.juice, water and vegetables....take care and keep up the good work...know that you are in our thoughts and prayers and, like i said many times let this be your year to shine..GOD BLESS..
DON
I AM SO GLAD THAT YOU REACHED OUT TO HIM

Return to “Spirituality for Anxiety & Depression”