Suiside

The spiritual response to anxiety and depression
Mike91206

Post by Mike91206 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:37 pm

runner - i will try to keep in touch - i've never been very good at chat - but that was then , this is now!! (just trying to stay positive as much as possible) I had become so negative that i couldn't enjopy ANYTHING and my anger was growing. I find that i have to quit trying to figure things out and just try and relax and let go. I really feel in my heart that tthe people of StressCenter.com are different. Not just about money. If you come across something that you could use help on write me and maybe together we can figure it out. Peace PS - did your Dad like John Wayne movies ?? My father would fall asleep ten minutes into the movie and boy it was your rearend if he woke up and the Duke wasn't on !!! remember the good try to forget the bad

Stagerlee

Post by Stagerlee » Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:08 pm

runner and mike, my prayers are for the both of you. Since you asked runner if a person gets over it,,the answer is yes. My son was murdered 3 years ago. I came to this site and program shortly after it happened and got on with the program. By helping myself in a positive way and keeping busy at it the grieving became less and less horrible. I now can talk openly about my son without losing it and many other poitive things. You will also. The church grief class once a week was also a huge lift for me. Good luck and GOD bless, Bruce

Mike91206

Post by Mike91206 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:17 am

staggerlee - I am very sorry to hear about your son! How old was he, my son was 26 and he died in June 06. the therapist gave me a list of about 50 possible symptoms of grief aand i think i had about 45 so far. I know you know how hard it is - losing a child to violence is the pits. pls stay in touch , i would love to hear about your progress. i am starting to do better already. Did you suffer more from anxiety or depression - with me it is almost all depression !!

char-lee

Post by char-lee » Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:58 am

mike and staggerlee,
you both are incredible people.to be able to open your personal box of pain to help someone else takes an enormous amount of strength and compassion.I respect and admire you both for the efforts you expend in the hopes we all will be helped.char-lee

barbgavon

Post by barbgavon » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:27 am

Isn't it interesting the people God puts together. He is so awesome. In the midst of our pain He gives us someone who's been there and can help pull you thru because they've been thru it. Rom.8:28 is really true. "And He works ALL things for good for those who love God and are called according to His purpose.

A short time ago I wrote a post "I Screamed at God". I really did!!! I'd never done anything like that before as I pounded on the bed over and over with a tote cover. I'm glad for the people who had compassion on me. It was over a relationship with my mother which has been poor all my life. Today she called and thanked me so much for the Wisconsin cheese basket we sent for their 25th anniversary. There are good points for mom. What would it take, something like what happened to your Dad. God forgive both my mom and I for at times hating each other. God gave me this mother. It's no surprise to Him and it's no surprise to him the pain you all would have to endure. Praise Him He's always there, works ALL things for good, and gives us people who stand along side us.
Prayers for all of you. Keep the faith.

Barb

Return to “Spirituality for Anxiety & Depression”