Pain in belly button

Suffering from IBS? Post your history, experience, comments and/or suggestions
Mamadog

Post by Mamadog » Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:19 am

Does anyone with IBS get a sharp pain in your belly button that stops you in your tracks? I have had this off and on for the past 15 years.

Mama Dog

Post by Guest » Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:56 pm

No, I haven't. Have you mentioned this to your doctor? Sounds like something that needs to be looked into.

Post by Guest » Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:48 pm

I dont have IBS but sometimes my belly button will get infected and it will hurt really bad.

Post by Guest » Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:27 am

Is it the belly button itself or the underlying tissues? I had an ovarian cyst that caused referred pain to under my belly button. It was definitely cyclical and always happened right before my period.

Of course, it really got my mind moving with all sorts of catastrophic thoughts, but, as usual, turned out to be something non life threatening.

Just remember, your anxiety will tell you it is the worst possible thing and will continue to freak you out as long as you let it. I'm betting your are a-okay.

Hang in there! However, if it does perist, then go get it checked out.

Post by Guest » Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:58 am

hi hot rod i dont have pain in my belly button but often in my stomach like today maybe acid reflux but i feel real bloated like after you drink a soda to fast n you have to burp prob all strees rite/ feels the more i think about the worse it gets! im actually only on the self talk session so im trying to be positive!

Post by Guest » Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:06 am

Sorry to get all "questiony" on you but...

Does that full feeling occur out of the blue or after you eat? And, do you notice certain foods make it worse? Also, any pain up under your right rib?

Just thinking about gallbladder stuff. I had some issues with that last year and diet changes and antacids really helped the symptoms.

And, huge first step... you said you noticed when you focused on the problem it became worse. Ya think?? lol Seriously, catching our disorder "red handed" is a big first step. The more you focus the worse it gets, so see that for what it is, and realize that it truly is "Thoughts, only thoughts"
Congrats on doing the program! It saved my life... literally.

Post by Guest » Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:37 pm

I don't have IBS but I guess pain in the belly button cannot be concluded as IBS. Why not consult a physician to make sure you get the right medication and free yourself from stress and worries.

Post by Guest » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:40 am

Yes. Several cat scans, mri's, physicals produced the same dx: IBS.

It was becoming severe. Couldn't walk. Put myself on organic only foods/drinks.
Helps. Alot. Now I am going gluten free too.

Return to “Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)”