Does anyone have increased urination when anxious?

Suffering from IBS? Post your history, experience, comments and/or suggestions
aliengal24

Post by aliengal24 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:06 am

When I get anxious and I'm having anticapatory anxiety I tend to have to go pee A LOT. I don't just feel like I have to go, I go a lot, like every 15 minutes, and it becomes clear. I'm not drinking tons of liquid at this point or anything. Does this happen to anyone else? And does anyoe know why this happens?

Post by Guest » Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:40 am

That is what's been happening to me for the last 15 or so years. I do believe that it's caused by the anxiety because i whent to the urologist back in december and he prescribed me uroxitrol wich is suppose to relieve my simptoms. But i discovered that when i get stressed out and feel my anxiety, the simptoms come back, even though i'm taking the drug every day.

Post by Guest » Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:25 am

Yes it happens to me.

I believe my body pulls fluids from wherever into my bladder during the anxiety, because it can happen when I hardly have anything to drink. When I go it's like a river!

So, I do believe the body has a way of doing it. I usually have to dry fast when I know I'll be confined somewhere and then just swish water in my mouth and spit it out. It helps when I do that, although it does dehydrate me.

Post by Guest » Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:02 pm

I used to do this one very often!!! I would just get into bed and feel the urge, just after I had already urinated. I would lay back down and have to get up again and again. I did this for years and years...I would also have to get up during the night!!!

It sure can interfere with getting to sleep and staying asleep..

I can remember having the urge to go, when I would be watching TV with my hubby at night...
During every advertisement, I would go to the bathroom and urinate!!!

It seems like all I did in those days was go, and go, and go...

I don't even know when this stopped, or what stopped it!!!

Have a wonderful night...God Bless...
Last edited by Guest on Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest » Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:48 pm

Ms. T that's very intersting, I didn't know that.

Did it stop after you went through the program ya think?

Post by Guest » Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:55 pm

Dear Shifrah,
Honestly, I cannot remember when it stopped!!!
I do think it was after I did the program!!!

I think once my anxiety level lowered it just stopped...I really do think this, but, I am not sure...

I wished I could be of more help on this one...Sorry...

All I know is that now, I can drink, drink, and drink some more, and I do not have the urge to go all the time...

Sometimes, I wander if this type of thing is hormonal related...

Hormonal imbalances do not tend to show up in blood work, so, there is no way of knowing if this tends to add to the problem!!!

Again...I am sorry..I wish I had the answers to this one, but, I don't!!!!

Have a great night...God Bless...Sissy

Post by Guest » Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:57 pm

Who's Sissy? :o

ROLF

Post by Guest » Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:10 am

Shifrah...I am sooo sorry for signing off in that manner...I have two sisters, and since I am sooo used to writing them little notes, and signing off in that way, then, I must have done this one without even realizing it...ROFL...

I pray you have a great day...God Bless...

Post by Guest » Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:18 am

Ms. T no need to apologize, I love that, I was just yanking your chain a little.

Post by Guest » Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:11 am

Yeah it's strange that people with anxiety have to pee a lot! No one seems to have any answers. Maybe it's just our bodies working over time from all the adrenaline and it causes our bodies to speed up everything, including our bladders? Maybe! haha Maybe not!

I hope we all over come and are well.

Return to “Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)”