Does anyone have increased urination when anxious?

Suffering from IBS? Post your history, experience, comments and/or suggestions

Post by Guest » Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:36 am

Actually, my urologist told me that there's a muscle near you bladder that contracts and that sends a signal to your brain that you have to urinate. There are drugs that surpress this muscle, but i mentioned before that the anxiety over-rides the effects of the drug. For me, it's uroxitroll but it doesn't work when i get anxious and stressed. I think it's a form of agoraphobia!

Post by Guest » Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:33 am

Oh goodness yes. Lastnight I was trying to take a test for Algebra. I was messing the entire test up left and right. Then my stress started to go up and boom potty time. I am not spending the entire day going to the bathroom.

I need to slow down and relax again. Whew.

What do you do to relax?

Post by Guest » Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:05 am

Adrenals are stimulated through a cyclic phase with anxiety,help being aware of the process and anxiety can help very much,like forget caffeine !

Post by Guest » Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:18 pm

This is a great excercise for the bladder/kidneys.

http://video.google.com/videos...e=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wv#

Click on the third video, named Jennifer Kries - Waking Energy

Post by Guest » Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:36 am

Yes that happens to me also! when I get anxious I needed to use the bathroom every 15 to 20 minutes because of how anxious I was! lol I'm happy to know it's not just me though.

Kathy1365

Re: Does anyone have increased urination when anxious?

Post by Kathy1365 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:49 pm

I can sure relate to this lately. I don't know if anxiety is causing the urge to pee constantly or if I'm peeing constantly and that scary thinking is causing me to go. I just got over a urinary tract infection (UTI) that took two rounds of antibiotics to cure. The last med was Cipro, which is powerful. Anyway I seemed to do fine. But today I've been peeing literally all day long. This is very stressful. How the hell do I know if it's anxiety or another UTI? This is making me nuts. It has greatly affected my life the last few weeks; I don't know what to do. Would really appreciate any advice. Thanks.

Iwillbebetter

Post by Iwillbebetter » Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:38 am

Wow until reading this I would have never associated the two. I thought "it was just me" as so many other things :lol: :lol: I mainly experience at bedtime. I always go before bed and as soon as I lay down there it is. Wow, I wonder what other "symtoms" I have that I've just put off as "me"
"Only rainbows after rain, the sun will always come again, and it's a cirlce, circling around again it comes around again...."

Kathy1365

Post by Kathy1365 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:37 pm

So how do you deal with it? It's really annoying.

Return to “Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)”