Does anybody suffer from severe constipation?

Suffering from IBS? Post your history, experience, comments and/or suggestions
karen louise

Post by karen louise » Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:13 am

Hi Summer,

I also suffer from severe constipation. I used to be the exact opposite, if I would eat there better be a bathroom near because within 15 mins I would need it.
Now my bowls won't move without help of some form or another. I really feel strange about talking about this but Oh well.
I did find a probiotic that helps with the bloating and I drink senna tea as well as eat Panda licorice and I have a routine as to how I use these products.
I have been to a gastroenterologist who put me on meds that did not work. Have tried self help IBS programs and finally through research and trial and error came up with these products that work for me.
Black Strap Molasses Unsulfured is also supposed to be very effective but did not work for me.
Please get in touch if you would like to talk or if I can help in any way.
Karen

dlawson

Post by dlawson » Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:24 am

Hi Karen

I was also diagnosed with IBS back in 1985. I had the worst case of constipation that anyone could imagine. My Dr. told me to change my diet and eating habits. I was prescribed benytel's for the pain and bloating in my stomach, I was addmitted into the hospital for 5 days and never woke up for 5 days. The medication they had me on knocked me out completely, it was hard to beleive that I let 5 days go by without even realizing why or what happened. needless to say I was sent home and put on 4 bentyle's a day. I could not motivate and all I wanted to do was sleep. I woke up one morning and told myself thats it, no more medication, just my willpower to change eating habits and drink lots of water, stay off of nuts,seeds( seseme seeds on buns) even strawberry seeds, anything that would irratate my colon hotdogs was a major problem for me also, I give all these things up even caffeine my favorite thing and within 6 months I was feeling like a brand new person. I did it myself. After I got myself to where I knew I didnt need all this junk in my stomach I gradually started drinking my coffee again and till this day I havent went back to the hospital for IBS. This is something that I wouldn't want to wish on anyone, yes it is horrible pain and misery. Thanks for sharing your story with me and maybe this will help someone else that has to suffer this terrble pain.

Debbie L

brandie

Post by brandie » Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:39 pm

Dear Delawson, I have a 5 yr. old son that has terrible stomach problems. In fact he had an episode last night with it. He gets in extreme pain and starts to vomit from the pain. I have taken him to the hospital and all they say is "yep he's constipated" gives him a stool softner and sends me home. I was wondering if something else was wrong. Do you have any suggestions?
Brandie Lucas

Liz29

Post by Liz29 » Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:46 pm

Hello all! For those of you that suffer IBS where do you experience the pain? I am trying to figure out if this is what I'm experiencing.I am constipated and have been eating activia and havent seen a difference. Please let me know what and where you feel the pain?
-Liz29=)

someone in Phx

Post by someone in Phx » Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:24 am

Yes, I suffer from severe constipation and bloating. I recently realized that it has much to do with me holding my emotions and thoughts in. THis is where I push all of my negative thoughts and feelings. I stuff everything down into my digesstive system. I am going to start some relazation techniques, walking, and journaling along with soothing my digestive system. I left everyone know how this works. I think 2009 should be a year that we all nuture ourselves and live more healthy - no yet for health but for happiness.

Return to “Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)”