I've had it since I was a kid

Suffering from IBS? Post your history, experience, comments and/or suggestions
MaggieinCALi

Post by MaggieinCALi » Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:32 pm

Now that I am going through the program I can see patterns as a kid after my parents got divorced I used to not want to go to school. I started to take pepto bismo every single day at school because of my IBS. After looking back I realized I was just so anxious. To this day, every time I get anxious I feel that sensation of going to the bathroom whether I am nervous for a presentation or a job interview. I usually have to run to the bathroom when I am anxious, but I have been doing well at calming myself down. I also have been eating really well (no more greasy food) a lot more fruits and vegetables. I have also been exercising so my mood has been improving dramatically and therefore I am less anxious. I feel physically better and when I calm myself down I don't have to run to the bathroom. I believe a lot of it is in our heads and we can control it because I am already 1,000,000 times better!

CG822

Post by CG822 » Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:54 pm

Its calming to know that. I realized I had it when I was a child too. I would get very very nervous and shake so bad if I had to speak in front of the class. It really took me back to a few times in my childhood when I thought "oh wow, that was panic and anxiety" I never knew we could have it so young!!

Return to “Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)”