Chest Cramps

Suffering from IBS? Post your history, experience, comments and/or suggestions
Scarl4444

Post by Scarl4444 » Tue Apr 12, 2005 5:21 am

Yes, I can relate.
Those are your ribs, they are out of place a little bit.
Roll up a towel and place it on the floor.
Lay on it to where the towel is at the area where a bra line would be. Bring your hands up over your head. Lay there for 5 - 15 min. this will help stretch the ribs back out.
P.S. lay on your back
Sherra

Scarl4444

Post by Scarl4444 » Thu Apr 14, 2005 5:08 am

I get the samething and it is always my ribs.
I see a chiropractor and as soon as he adjusts me the pain goes away.
Do you sit at a desk alot or work on a computer?
I have terrible posture when I am at my computer so I know that contributes alot to it. I use that trick I mentioned when I need some immediate relief.
If you are still concerned about it however, ask your doctor.
Sherra

Vessel

Post by Vessel » Sat Sep 03, 2005 12:30 pm

WOW! I have always gotten that pain and I thought it was gas. So I find myself trying to crack my back to release the gase all the time! I just started the program and I had no idea how much helpfull information was here! Good luck to you and thanks for sharing because now I have my answer too!
~*~ I Drank What?~*~

Noel_1

Post by Noel_1 » Mon Sep 05, 2005 6:38 am

For the last several weeks I have been feeling this exact thing and it was making me so anxious and only making me tense up even more. I do medical transcription at my computer all day long and now I am beginning to think maybe that has something to do with it after reading these posts. Sometimes I will feel just fine and then other times especially when I walk my dog or take a deep breath it feels like my ribcage is heavy or something and then I get this sensation for a few seconds where it feels like my diaphraghm area, the center just above my stomach, contracts very deeply and it feels so weird that it scares me. So then I tense up and am afraid to do anything. I hate living like this. Is it our diaphragm area that is so sensitive to bruising because we don't breath properly? I am going to try the towel technique, but it helps knowing that others here are experiencing similar problems. It's so hard fighting anxiety all the time. I look out the window as I type watching the neighbors work in the yard or walk their dogs, etc. and wish I could be normal. Thanks for your input everyone. Noel

foxxy4x4er

Post by foxxy4x4er » Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:01 am

i hav the same feeling feels like someting steeping on your heart its only for a few mins though.. if i sit still it seems to go away

Mickey's Girl

Post by Mickey's Girl » Fri May 22, 2009 3:21 am

Wow, glad to hear this. This was my first time reading in the community and I know this is an old post but I am going to try this. Mime is so bad sometimes, I can hardly move until it passes. I thought it was gas also...Thanks for the tip.

Sunshine2da

Post by Sunshine2da » Sat May 23, 2009 7:30 am

I get this too - My doctor said is is the anxiety causing tightness and tingling in my upper chest . Almost feels like it feels when you have bronchitis ! But my doctor has checked it numerous times and says thats not it. Its really bad, when I am upset, nervous, anxious about something, and when I can get relaxed it goes away.

Return to “Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)”