Sharp Pains

Suffering from IBS? Post your history, experience, comments and/or suggestions
Suzie1202

Post by Suzie1202 » Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:49 pm

Hello,

Today I have been having sharp pains in my upper abdomen. Of course I look on WebMD and it says it's an aortic anyeurism. I have had IBS since age 12 but never this sort of pain. My anxiety has been bad lately too though. Any ideas?

Post by Guest » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:39 am

You mean like heartburn only a little lower? I have IBS and get that type of pain once in a while. For me a just another IBS pain, haven't noticed a particular trigger or remedy. It just goes away after a bit.

Post by Guest » Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:14 pm

Pain in your upper abdomen could be your liver. Having digestive problems taxes other organs such as your liver and your adrenals. The first step is to look at your diet. Get rid of sugars, soda(diet especially. Try to add more fruits and vegetables. (If it is your liver, drinking milk thistle tea can help.) Do you take probiotics and enzymes? These can help as well as adding fiber to your diet. I take benefiber each day. Addressing the anxiety is very important. Are you going through Lucinda's Program? Another suggestion is get the book, "What To Say When You Talk To Your Self" by Dr. Shad Helmstetter. It is suggested by Lucinda. It is a simple but very effective book to help you understand your anxiety and it gives you strategies to overcome the anxiety. I hope this isn't too much info. Good Luck. You don't have to live with the pain.

Return to “Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)”