Getting the upper hand on my anxiety got rid of my IBS problems.

Suffering from IBS? Post your history, experience, comments and/or suggestions
lilchrissy

Post by lilchrissy » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:01 pm

Thanks so much lilchrissy, I have been so nervous about posting on here because I haven't done the program. I feel like If I know something that might be helpful, I should say so. I appreciate you taking the time to make me feel good about it. I already spend way too much time feeling bad!
You are certainly welcome and I agree with all your points and especially the last. WE have enough reasons to feel badly without adding anymore! I hope this finds you well :)

JR5

Post by JR5 » Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:57 pm

Great advice. The TEA forms are so helpful in getting anxiety and related symtoms under control!

*slimjim

Post by *slimjim » Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:11 am

Oh Nuts! I was just working on a decent response when I hit the wrong button and lost all my copy. When here I go again.

The following is from Personal Notes I made to myself 2-11-09.

I'm sitting at Jack In The Crack awaiting Max Cannon the creator of a synidicated comic strip called RED MEAT, to show up. But he doesn't. And my negative side goes: See You're just not worth his time. And so the reason I wanted this meeting was to see if he'd be willing to take up the chore of inking in my comic character:
MADAME X INCORPORATED. However since I've been practing with new sized Sharpie black and Brush pens I'm finding that maybe I don't really don't need him to do what I'm finding out I can do myself.

So I think I'm going to continue to ink in her adventures because it makes my happy. And this is a feeling that no drug can top. I've been looking into trying to ink differently since a good friend and colleage suggested that I needed to start experimenting with my line varations. Also too, I needed to do more spotting blacks in my final pieces. And guess what he was right. And now my art looks better and more professional because I was willing to listen to some criticism and then try something new. Another new factor added to MX Inc. is I've taken on an Editor in the name of Rich K. and he's allowed me to see that by slowing down the pace of the action in the comic we could wind up with a better product and since then I've been doing just that and the books, we're on #3 is coming out like gangbusters.

None of this could have occurred before I got through the the program course because I was still stuck in my thinking that I had to be the Lone Ranger to get things done MY WAY! Now I'm not trying to Feed this Hole inside my gut screaming at me to "FEED ME SYMORE, FEED ME!" Anymore!!!
My game plan has totally changed because I've changed! For the better I might say. I'm also in a Business Planning class thats allowing me, not some other business person who saids they can write a terrific Business Plan for 1K. And just give me something that reads like sterio instructions. Nope. I'm writting it so I can understand what I'm doing and why. Before the program I'd be hiding under the covers waiting for someone else to do it. So you see theirs no one who can do what I do or get the job done any wheres near as I can do it. So I'll keep moving in the direction I feel the Good Lord is leading me.
Thanx.

a.marble1

Post by a.marble1 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:58 pm

I too have IBS symptoms from anxiety. It is my main burden I think. I have ordered the book by Obitz. I am looking forward to using it. Been feeling a lot more anxious lately.

lilchrissy

Post by lilchrissy » Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:50 am

a.marble1, If you are like me getting control of your anxiety will make a world of difference with your IBS. The TEA forms in the book by Sam Obitz have worked wonders for me but you do need to be vigilant in doing them everyday. It takes a while to get the hang of them but when you do they are great at reducing anxiety.

a.marble1

Post by a.marble1 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:51 am

yeah I am doing them, but not as often as I'd like, its just hard for me to spot a negative thought and then translate it into words. Any tips? or examples of some helpful ones you might have? The ones I've done help a little but, I still feel uncomfortable about the situation...

a.marble1

Post by a.marble1 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:01 pm

also, lilchrissy I wanted to ask you, if you've been through the "Combatting Stress and Depression Program" program, and if so, was it before or after your CBT group? Which helped more and stuck with you more? I'm really wondering about how when u do the TEA forms you are showing yourself the reality of things but yet not necessarily looking at things in a super positive optimistic way whereas when you do self-talk, that is often what you are taught to do, I have been doing both what is your experience? Thanks :D

*slimjim

Post by *slimjim » Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:48 am

Greetings one and all. This is an update on my life thus far. Since graduating the the program program some years ago, I've gone through a Wellness Program of 10 weeks long. That's helped me realize how badly my diet was and helped me to fix it.One of the steps to fix was to stop drinking so many soda a day, like 5 to ten a day. Now I've lost 30 lbs. and I'm down from a 38 waist to 32.

As far as my Small Business is doing I've recently gone through a Business Planning Class which has allowed me to create a business plan on one of my idea's called WED-TOONS With these I can capture the images of any future newlywed couple in a fantasy SNAP-SHOT graphically and then once laminated it can then be placed on the summit of their wedding cake and exposed to their entourage at their reception party. So as far as those of you out there coming up with every excuse under the sun telling yourselves that this program won't change you for the better.

I say HA! This program has litterally given me back my life for the better or better yet it has given me a CHANCE FOR A BETTER LIFE! Oh, me and some friends of mine are hopefully going to set up a website to show off some more of my art like my incredible comic strip of MADAME X INCORPORATED]. So once this is completed I'll be sure to pass on the link to all of you.

So to conclude. Once more the the program has proformed miracles in my life and given the chance at living a decent and wholesome life and I believe it could do the same for all of you.
Oh, and this December 1st I'm turning 52 and I just LOVE MY LIFE AND WHERE IT'S GOING NOW!!!So just know that whatever your suffering with they're those of us whose gone through the program that had them too. Notice I said "HAD".
Thanx you The Mid-West Center SSSooooo much.

*slimjim

Post by *slimjim » Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:59 am

Oh the one thing I can honestly say that worked for me was when I was constantly thinking terrible thoughts about things I did and didn't do. So the issue that freed me from my depression was I finally realized that I wasn't capable of having a wonderful relationship with my father because he himself wasn't a real adult. And he wanted me to walk in his shoes which I didn't want to become anything like him!
So once I realized this then the dream relationship I thought I needed to save me was exposed and I found the person I wanted to become. I wanted to be a caring person like my mother and not like a back stabbing jerk like he was to his friends? and family! So when you watch the infocommerical I'm the cartoonist there who found out through the program that I was tried of running through the rat maze and I discovered I didn't want the cheese I was running like a manic to find. God and the Mid-West Center showed me the errors of my ways.
Thanx

*slimjim

Post by *slimjim » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:52 am

Slimjim
http://madamexinc.smackjeeves....cs/1029786/mx-inc-1/ Hey everyone who knows that I'm a cartoonist. Here's my main character on her own website. Check it out and let me know what you think. Thanx

Return to “Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)”