Getting the upper hand on my anxiety got rid of my IBS problems.

Suffering from IBS? Post your history, experience, comments and/or suggestions
egriff

Re: Getting the upper hand on my anxiety got rid of my IBS p

Post by egriff » Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:13 pm

WW wrote:
lilchrissy wrote:Hi Didde,
Sounds like the old chicken or the egg conundrum. I am now of the firm belief that whether we realize it or not the anxiety comes first and then it becomes a vicious circle. As I said in my last post the best thing I have found for anxiety is the TEA form exercise as they turned my life around and I still use them. I recommend the CBT book by Sam Obitz http://www.tao3.com which does a nice job of outlining how to do them.
Good luck and I hope you feel better soon :)
Though I never got checked out for IBS, I did have stomach problems and diarrhea a lot before I got my anxiety under control. Like others have said it could be coincidental, but I don't think so personally. I would highly recommend trying the TEA forms if you have anxiety and stomach issues.
WW, that's very similar to what I used to go through. So glad you are over that too now :D

lilchrissy

Post by lilchrissy » Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:20 pm

WW wrote:
Sounds like the old chicken or the egg conundrum. I am now of the firm belief that whether we realize it or not the anxiety comes first and then it becomes a vicious circle. As I said in my last post the best thing I have found for anxiety is the TEA form exercise as they turned my life around and I still use them. I recommend the CBT book by Sam Obitz http://www.tao3.com which does a nice job of outlining how to do them.
Though I never got checked out for IBS, I did have stomach problems and diarrhea a lot before I got my anxiety under control. Like others have said it could be coincidental, but I don't think so personally. I would highly recommend trying the TEA forms if you have anxiety and stomach issues.
I agree :mrgreen:

egriff

Post by egriff » Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:56 pm

Chrissy thanks for being such a source of strength and optimism for so many of us. I hope you and yours have a great new year!

WW

Post by WW » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:56 pm

egriff wrote:
WW wrote:
WW, that's very similar to what I used to go through. So glad you are over that too now :D
Thanks!

egriff

Post by egriff » Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:54 pm

You're welcome. I hope everything is continuing to go well for you!

lilchrissy

Post by lilchrissy » Mon May 14, 2012 5:28 pm

egriff wrote:Chrissy thanks for being such a source of strength and optimism for so many of us. I hope you and yours have a great new year!
Thx Egriff. You are too nice. Just doing what I can when I can to help others feel better :D
I hope you are well and having a grand year!

JR5

Post by JR5 » Wed May 30, 2012 6:17 pm

Well put Lilchrissy. I agree with what you said above :)

egriff

Post by egriff » Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:46 pm

JR5 wrote:
Hard to disagree with most anything Chrissy says :)
I'm doing great and hope everyone else is also!

lilchrissy

Post by lilchrissy » Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:14 pm

JR5 wrote:
Thanks everyone, you guys are making my day :D I need to post more often lol!
It takes a village and I am but just one of those villagers on here!

egriff

Post by egriff » Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:41 pm

It does take a village... You are way too modest though. I always look forward to your posts and the wisdom and humor in them too :P

Return to “Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)”