bathroom issues when I get nervous

Suffering from IBS? Post your history, experience, comments and/or suggestions
M&Hmommy18

Post by M&Hmommy18 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:11 am

SO a few months ago I had a bad case of diarrhea when i was out in public. It was horrible. Know im anxious about leaving the house because Im scared I may have that problem again...so know every time I am about to leave the house I feel like I have to go poo. any one else have this problem?? My husband thinks I may have IBS.

Post by Guest » Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:31 am

Yes I do this everytime I go to leave the house I also make sure that wherever I go I know exactly where the bathroom is.I have been diagnosed with gerd or acid reflux but i do know that my anxiety causes me to have the diarehea issue.

Post by Guest » Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:28 am

There's a huge thread in this section about this very thing, tons of pages on it.

It helps to go through the program. I still deal with it here and there, and usually near my cycle but it's gotten a lot better since I went through the program as there is an anxiety element to it.

Post by Guest » Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:59 pm

I know how you feel. I've had similar worries and it's troublesome. For me, taking probiotics helped my body to get regular so that I KNOW I'm good before I leave the house. Also, the triggers that stressed me out - mistreatment by others and feeling like I had to take it, feeling powerless, etc - I addressed with people I had issues with and I feel more in control and less worried in all areas. So I say to myself, relax, dahling, everybody poops! :)

Post by Guest » Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:44 am

TOTALLY - I JUST RESPONDED TO BELLA 123 ABOUT IT.

Post by Guest » Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:08 pm

YES I have this exact same problem! :(

Post by Guest » Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:11 pm

Shifrah could you link to this huge thead about this issue please?! This has been the heaviest burden on my since I was a child :(

sktb0007

Re: bathroom issues when I get nervous

Post by sktb0007 » Wed May 18, 2011 6:29 pm

Absolutely. This applies to me too. I rarely leave the house as well. I'm hoping as I progress through the program, I will find out ways to deal with this better and actually be able to start living my life again.

Return to “Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)”