does anyone have terrible indigestion

Suffering from IBS? Post your history, experience, comments and/or suggestions
janine rene

Post by janine rene » Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:23 pm

i am on my third box of acid reducers in the last 2 wks. i know this sounds gross, but i have belches that sound like they come from my toes. sometimes its painful in my chest and sometimes it makes me sick to my stomach. i also deal with IBS off and on. if anyone has any helpful tips i would appreciate it.

waterfriend

Post by waterfriend » Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:11 pm

Hi,

Just a note to say YES!! I have the same problem. GAS BAD. Chest discomfort. Not sure about IBS. But I take nexium, and it works for the most part, but I think my breathing has alot to do with it. Swallowing air.
nothing really helps!

Yo

Post by Yo » Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:30 pm

I have had bad heart burn for years. I always took gavisgon or the generic for it. It is the best antiacid I think. I started to take prilosec otc and it has worked miricals. They say that it doesn't start to work for days, but I felt it working that very day I started. The days after that, was like I've never had a problem with it.

Mello Nello

Post by Mello Nello » Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:07 pm

Janine,
Ive heard probotics help ibs, and prilosec is good to. Fiber and calcium are good for Ibs to. hope this helps:)Nelly

janine rene

Post by janine rene » Wed Feb 01, 2006 4:53 pm

thanks guys. im calling the dr. tomorrow because tonight was the worst indigestion i have had. maybe they can give me something better.

KPH1989

Post by KPH1989 » Wed Feb 15, 2006 2:34 am

What Prescriptions do u guys use? i have 3 different one and they all dont work =\

Emily75

Post by Emily75 » Wed Apr 12, 2006 8:11 am

I take Nexium, Carafate, and Maalox daily and nothing seems to help with my stomach problems. The last 3 months have been horrible, and I'm beginning to wonder if it's my anxiety causing my problems. The difficulty for me is what is a true physical problem and what I have created out of anxiety. Does anyone else deal with this?

Reena

Post by Reena » Tue Apr 25, 2006 5:14 pm

<A HREF="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/087131 ... e&n=283155" TARGET=_blank>stomach acid book</A>
"I can do all things through Him who strengthens me."

Be Not Afraid of Moving Forward Slowly, Be Afraid of Standing Still.

Slow and Steady Wins the Race...

daffodil

Post by daffodil » Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:34 am

Just to let you know I have had the same problems until I switched to Pantaloc. I do not have breathing problems and my stomach doesnt feel bloated and uncomfortable. There are more than one acid inhibitor type medications out there and I was told you have to see what works for you. I switched from Nexium to Pantaloc and I am doing better.
Originally posted by waterfriend:
Hi,

Just a note to say YES!! I have the same problem. GAS BAD. Chest discomfort. Not sure about IBS. But I take nexium, and it works for the most part, but I think my breathing has alot to do with it. Swallowing air.
nothing really helps!

Karmerri

Post by Karmerri » Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:07 am

I've heard that enzymes are what people need when they are suffering with indigestion, gas and stuff. I don't suffer with indigestion but I love to read up on alternative health and stuff-(I have cut back on reading anything medical since starting the program)and the really weird thing that I have read a few times and I was blown away and soo confused is that alot of people with these problems say they 'produce' too much acid but in reality, they aren't producing enough! I know, the prescriptions are 'acid-reducing' but I swear I've read that before. They take the medicine and are really maintaining the problem.....don't really know though. DGL licorice is supposed to be really good too-it protects the lining of the stomach and intestines. It's a form of licorice that DOES NOT raise blood pressure. (reg. licorice supp. can). Hope you feel better.

Return to “Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)”