ibs

Suffering from IBS? Post your history, experience, comments and/or suggestions
wolfiewomen

Post by wolfiewomen » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:51 pm

lately when i have a panic attack i have to run to the washroom makes it hard to get out and get a part time job any thing that would help in reading or something else would like to know. i even more panic when i have my period is that common.

Post by Guest » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:47 am

Hi!
I got so bad with IBS for awhile I was afraid to go anywhere. Its an embarrassing subject! Thank you Lucinda for talking so openly!
I started to watch closely what I ate and I found that certain combinations of foods really affected me. I had a colonoscopy and found I had diverticulosis, which is part of the problem. Last year my doctor started me on "Bentyl". It has been a life saver!! As far as I know there are no side effects or risks from this med. I take 1-2 pills a day and if I feel that cramping and bloating starting, I take another and that most always stops it from progressing, which can be very very painful!!!
TALK TO YOUR DOCTOR! KEEP A DIARY OF YOUR DIET. THERE IS HELP!

Post by Guest » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:14 am

wolfiewomen, I can write a large diary on how to start reversing your symptoms, however for now I would say, align your priorities to only focus on your health. This means you will most definitely need to modify your diet for at least a year and take additional herbal remedies to aid in the process.

Often times, the diet that you are on, is further aggravating the situation and keeps you in the state of having possibly having an accident before you reach the washroom.

I suggest that you either keep a diary as Equestrian1 had suggested or you can have a blood test conducted to determine the specific foods that you are intolerant to. This way, you can then focus on modifying your diet to only eat what you are tolerant to. This will help heaps and bounds for you as a starter..

Return to “Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)”