Is it IBS?

Suffering from IBS? Post your history, experience, comments and/or suggestions
CMG

Post by CMG » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:19 am

Hi,
I have had what I thought was a stomach bug for over 2 weeks now. I have nausea, diarrhea, extreme fatigue and on and off fever, mostly off. I just went through a bad bout of depression trying to change meds, but now i am on 30mg paxil and on klonopin, which i am starting to wean now. I don't think it is the paxil or klonopin b/c i have been taking them since december and this is new. I have had IBS symptoms in the past. Do you get extreme fatigue w/IBS? Thanks for your thoughts.

Post by Guest » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:18 pm

CMG,

I don't believe fevers have anything to do with IBS, so I would get myself a doctor's appointment if I were you. If Paxil works for you, that's great; but just because you started in December doesn't mean it can't adversely affect you now. Back in the nineties, I go so depressed on Paxil i tried to burn down our house! I could not get by at this point without Clonazepam (generic Klonepin), but I would never take it with something like Paxil. Just saying, "Be careful" with these medications. Try to find ONE that works well for you. Mixing them can cause a lot of trouble, which probably has nothing to do with your bowel symptoms. But I also have IBS which is remission, actually, for my ulcerative colitis, the underlying disease. Please see a doctor you can trust.

Post by Guest » Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:36 pm

Fatigue can definitely come into play, but your other symptoms are indicative of something other than IBS. Perhaps you are fighting off an infection, as well as dealing with IBS issues. I would recommend getting this checked out by a medical professional. I would also recommend checking out the work of Dr. Stephen Wangen of the IBS Treatment Center in Seattle, WA; I have found his work to be extremely informative and helpful in my own understanding of IBS.

Return to “Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)”