help to get negative out of my head !

Suffering from IBS? Post your history, experience, comments and/or suggestions
lesley123

help to get negative out of my head !

Post by lesley123 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:20 am

Since session 2 i have found my aniexty n negative thoughts keep coming n starting like before..ive been struggling this past week im on session 4 now..i do replace them but now are getting crippling..im fighting..i just want that torment to go away !!

J2012

Re: help to get negative out of my head !

Post by J2012 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:35 pm

I know how you feel but hang in there. I know you'll feel much better by the time you finish the program. I would suggest taking another look at Session 3 since your negative thoughts are still bothering you. Like you I have a lot of anxiety and negative thoughts. What really helped me was writing down all my negative thoughts, recognizing the cognitive distortion, and replacing the thought with a more positive thought. If you keep at it, eventually you'll be able to recognize a negative thought when it pops into your head and instantly replace it with a more realistic thought. Just hang in there and be patient. I know it sucks feeling anxious. But like they say in the program, you didn't become this way overnight, it took time and it will take some time to start to feel better.

lesley123

Re: help to get negative out of my head !

Post by lesley123 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:13 am

aww thank you so much for your reply..yes its all true what you said...i will try to be more patient..yeah i will look at session 3 again..i have been looking at 2 n it said too in homework...i will ..i really like 4 im just now moved upto session 5 ...so today i feeling better ..but im a obbsevie thinker ! thats my problem ! yes i been writing down all negative n replacing positive ...the best i can ..i knew this one like 2 facing fear be the most changelling for me..but i will keep on trying ...and yes it will happen...i hope ....thank you so much your words have comforted me alot.... xx :)

Return to “Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)”