Stomach noises

Suffering from IBS? Post your history, experience, comments and/or suggestions
ccarrillo

Stomach noises

Post by ccarrillo » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:17 pm

Hi, my name is cindy. I have been suffering from anxiety disorder since I was 19 and it is definitely ruining my life. It all started when I was nineteen and was in science class. Out of nowhere, my stomach started makeing really loud noises, I started getting stomach spasms. ANyway, I started to have a panic attack becasue I was so embarassed and felt like everyone was looking at me so what i did was grabbed my stuff and left. It was all downhill from here. I became terrified od silence and this includes everything from being in a quiet classroom, being close to someone I dont know, meetings, and it has expanded to movie theatres becasue i had a panic attack in there one time when I got super bad muscle tension, ibs and of course loud stomach noises. THe big deal with my anxiety is I get these really loud stomach noises and it makes me super crazy and anxious. Now I have what-if thinking when I anticipate silenbt situations and it is horrible. I just got a super nice office job and I am thinking about quitting because we have meetings every week and I cant stand being in a conference room. I once tried killing myself because I couldnt picture myself living with this any longer. Does anyone have this? Im in my second week of the program but for some reason its just not helping me during my anxious episodes and i really dont want to quit my job because it is a phenomenol joba nd pays very good. Now i get gas, IBS, stomach pain and of course those horrible stomach noises. ...

coachchris

Re: Stomach noises

Post by coachchris » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:07 pm

Hi Cindy,

My name is Chris and I am a coach here at Stress. I am so glad to hear that you have the program and are beginning your journey of healing. I too was an anxious thinker, taught to worry about what others think and have a very active digestive system. As you go through the program you will be able to piece together all of the parts of your story, get empowered with truth and grow into the woman you want to be. Lesson 2 teaches us that if we think anxious thoughts and dwell on negatives we will create more adrenalin and negative body symptoms. Basically if we think bad we will feel bad. The good new is the converse: think better and feel better. I love that!

I would encourage you to under-react and use your relaxation and breathing. Talk to yourself like you would a good friend. It is OK for our stomach to make noises. It's a good sign that your body is doing what it is suppose to do. Probiotics and digestive enzymes can be really helpful for the gut along with ginger and peppermint to soothe and help it calm down. I have used all of those products with good results.

If you would like to talk further I would love to have a free coaching call with you. Just PM me if you want to set something up.
Congratulations on your job!

Here to help,
Coach Chris

ccarrillo

Post by ccarrillo » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:42 am

Yes, I would love to speak further with you. I know exactly what i am going through but i just can't get to the stage where I control my thoughts. its extremely difficult. Meanwhile, I am going to stick with the job no matter how difficult it is because only this way can i get control of my life without running away from everything.

coachchris

Post by coachchris » Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:30 pm

Hi Cindy..I sent you a private message. I hope we can talk Sunday evening :)

Return to “Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)”