ibs plus difficulty going to the bathroom

Suffering from IBS? Post your history, experience, comments and/or suggestions
cody0126

ibs plus difficulty going to the bathroom

Post by cody0126 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:11 am

I am a 24 year old man and i have had this for about 10 years. My body doesnt seem to be able to expel waste from my body quickly enough. Like for instance, i had a large meal 2 days ago and i have yet to have a bm. I am just wondering if anybody else has this problem. TY.

Iwillbebetter

Re: ibs plus difficulty going to the bathroom

Post by Iwillbebetter » Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:20 am

I have not had that problem, but know someone else who had. I have to ask if your diet is that of a healthy one?? A previous friend had that issue and it was mainly caused by thier diet. When they started working on the food they were eating that got better. If you don't I would suggest fruits and veggis and or Fiber :)
"Only rainbows after rain, the sun will always come again, and it's a cirlce, circling around again it comes around again...."

cody0126

Post by cody0126 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:01 am

yeah well i try to eat well but i think most of my problem stems from getting little exercise and the fact that im anemic. and probably my anxiety.

Iwillbebetter

Post by Iwillbebetter » Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:41 am

I dont know much about being anemic or what that can do/cause... but I would agree... the exercise could help also. That and eating play a big part in our anxieties as well. So much that they have a session just for that (which I happened to just start :)) So the more you work on the anxiety the more the rest will come together :)
"Only rainbows after rain, the sun will always come again, and it's a cirlce, circling around again it comes around again...."

gro2gr8nes

Post by gro2gr8nes » Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:58 am

I have that problem. As a mater of fact its almost 3am and I haven't used the bathroom. I want to but can't. If I should go away for the weekend and in a different environment, I cannot use the bathroom until I get home if any. Sometimes I go for days without using especially when I'm at work. I can't use the bathroom during the week. Sometimes to use the bathroom I have to take a day off from work or use suppositories. I eat fruits everyday. That is, at least two fruits a day. I try to drink a lot of water.I love fresh vegetables and try to get that in too. I exercise four times a week. It's a problem and its very uncomfortable. Sunday, I had IBS and today its the other way around.

cindyseven

Post by cindyseven » Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:40 pm

Hello- I am fairly new to this site and I know this post is coming late but just in case you are monitoring the replies, I have also had this issue. What helped me, and I swear by this, is I started taking a Probiotic, specificaly, Jarrow Formulas. It's in a yellow box and you can order online. It's Jarro-Dolphilus EPS and it really works. I started by taking one in the am and 1 in the pm. Now I also take 1 in the afternoon but it really did help me and I wanted to share.

The anxiety really messes with your digestion and this helps (or at least it did for me)

Return to “Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)”