Does anyone suffer from IBS, anxiety, nausea and fainting?

Suffering from IBS? Post your history, experience, comments and/or suggestions
aliengal24

Post by aliengal24 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:43 am

I have IBS too. I don't know if anyone has ever heard of the "BRAT" diet. It's suppose to help your stomache relax when you're having an episode of IBS. It consists of bread, rice, apples and tea. You'd want to stick to white rice though, and ginger tea usually helps a little. Also, you might want to stay away from dairy products..because those are known to cause upset stomaches in a lot of people anyway. I hope maybe this helps out a little bit! :)

warden7693

Post by warden7693 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:43 am

I sure relate to you. I've had IBS since I was 10 and I never go anywhere unless I get it under control before I leave the house. Granted sometimes that's impossible. I've found that replacing regular dairy products for lactose free products has helped somewhat, also I've noticed when I binge on alot of sugar the night before the nest day is usually alot worse. My GI Dr. recommended a probiotic I believe available only online. It's called Align. I have yet to try that however. As for the Nausea, it got so bad the smell of any food or the thought of eating sent me running for the bathroom, usually worse during great times of stress, vomiting included. My GI also put me on a Regimen of Prilosec. After an upper GI test revealed I had "silent reflux" No symptoms of heartburn etc, but alot of erosion to my esophogus. I still have it occassionally, but it's so much better. Still Mornings are always the worst for all my symptoms. Worry about what the day will bring? Best of luck to you.

Quinroxanne

Post by Quinroxanne » Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:58 pm

Hi needtobetogether! I don't have IBS, Have you tried to seek advise from a physician for more advices on food to eat and medications that you will use.
The #1 information on colon health, colon cleanse, colon disease

Return to “Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)”