Stress and Anxiety

Suffering from IBS? Post your history, experience, comments and/or suggestions
tweaky1h

Post by tweaky1h » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:53 am

I'm having a flare-up of IBS right now, which is clearly caused by recent anxiety. I found this link on WEBMD and for some reason find it comforting:

http://www.webmd.com/ibs/livin...ibs-6/ibs-and-stress

I think the feeling that were not normal, or theres something more at work scares us. This says that IBS and stress go hand-in-hand, they're not entirely sure why, and it's normal!

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:48 am

Thank you for this artilce. I have been having horrible stomach pains and acid reflux. I have not had any relief with meds for it. My Dr. thinks its stress related and I'm finally starting to beleive it.

Post by Guest » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:37 pm

tweaky, I have not had a problem with my IBS since I got my anxiety under control. If you are interested look at the thread I started here a while back on my experience with CBT helping my IBS. Here's the link:
http://bbs.stresscenter.com/ev...82105472/m/777104824
Take care and I hope you feel better :)

Post by Guest » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:44 am

Thanks for the link! By CBT, do you mean Cognitive Behavior Therapy? If so, I definately think a group would do wonders for me. I get alot out of coming here by reminding myself I'm not alone, it's normal, and there's hope.

My IBS is tapering off...with my anxiety, but I'd sure like to have a better outlook on life so that the ups and downs of my life don't send me into these "tailspins" from time to time!

Post by Guest » Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:12 pm

Yes I did mean cognitive behavioral therapy :)
I'm glad your IBS is tapering off with your anxiety and cbt helped me improve my outlook and learn to live in the moment. Now my tailspins are relieved by countering those thoughts in my TEA forms and they usually only last minutes instead of days or weeks or more :)

Return to “Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)”