anxiety/stress/ face flushing///

Suffering from IBS? Post your history, experience, comments and/or suggestions
worryguy

Post by worryguy » Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:11 am

Anyone who has had that happen...... please let me know. It has me scared

a.marble1

Post by a.marble1 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:05 pm

who has had what happen? face flushing? whats that?

worryguy

Post by worryguy » Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:27 am

My face gets hot and flushed.....

a.marble1

Post by a.marble1 » Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:53 pm

yeah thats just blushing like when u are embarassed, or can be described as a "hot flash"

vwoolf75

Post by vwoolf75 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:16 am

It happens to me all the time which is one of my major sources of anxiety.

P&P

Re: anxiety/stress/ face flushing///

Post by P&P » Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:35 pm

This use to be a very common symptom for me. It doesn't happen nearly as often, actually very infrequently now. You're so concerned about what others think and fear that they're going to think badly of you, that you're flushing easily. And then you scary thoughts of "what if I blush?" just fuel the blushing even more. Been there, done that. I realized that a.) I had to work on my self esteem, as my self esteem became better and I felt more confident, this happened less and b.) you have to "so what if?" I had to start focusing on the other person. For example, my boss started avoiding eye contact with me because I was blush so easily, of course this made me feel worse! I adopted an attitude of "poor boss, maybe SHE'S uncomfortable." So instead of this being about me, it was now about her and it drew the attention away from myself and my own face.

I hope this helps, this was one of the worse symptoms for me. I still do blush on the RARE occasion and when it happens, it' just not a big deal and I let it go. I am who I am.

Return to “Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)”