Stress over stomach issues

Suffering from IBS? Post your history, experience, comments and/or suggestions
chris larranaga

Post by chris larranaga » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:24 am

I experienced a panic attack approx. 1 month ago after convincing myself that a finger infection was getting worse and going to kill me. I should mention that turning to the internet made me even more convinced when it turns out that my finger was only healing. I had panic attacks years ago as a teen but this one caused my heart to pound and I had shortness of breath. I went to the ER only to be told by the doctor that I had a panic attack. Since this, I have had stomach cramping, gas, sharp pains in intestine areas, and at times exteme fatigue. I have improved however due to a product called probiotics. I am not sure if I had too many prescriptions of antibiotics for the infection which has may be contributing to the stomach issues but I need to covince myself that I am improving. Every day my appetite gets better and I have not experienced the fatigue today. I am unfortunately battling in thinking that I have a medical condition, specifically cancer. Hope my story helps and look forward to hearing back. Thanks Chris
Chris L

creamcheesepuff

Post by creamcheesepuff » Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:30 pm

Chris, I am moving to another state, I have found recently that my stomach is acting up. As an RN, I know this is a nervous reaction and I have to come to grips with easing up on foods that may instigate it more and have my antacids around. I keep my foods light right now. its hard when the stomach just doesnt want to calm down at times.

creamcheese

Post by creamcheese » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:35 am

This post is to Philosophy who posted to me privately. I couldnt reply for some reason to you so I am doing it here...hope you are ok...I am fine so far, My stomach has its moments. I was diagnosed years ago with gastritis, and IBS. which I fix with nutritious, non GMO, organic low fat foods. I take it easy and give my tummy a rest when I am very stressed. fluids are primarily my main treatment, I dont want to overwork my stomach.

flippinkid

Post by flippinkid » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:53 am

Lucinda Bassett recomends natural bran to help with IBS. I havne't tried it yet but I intend to. I find that numerous trips to the bathroom cause me to have further problems because my digestive system becomes so inflamed that it takes me a day or two to recover.Especially if I am travelling. I always seem to end up in the ER when I am away from home.
I don't want to give up travelling to see family so I am going to persevere. But I do sympathise...... and wish you the best.

a.marble1

Post by a.marble1 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:39 pm

Well, we have to take care of ourselves first. I'm sure your family will understand. IBS is NOT all in the head (though it may get bad because of it) so you should take into account that your body really is in need of healing, and continue working on your mind so that you will not have recurrent episodes after your bodies recovered, or so that you can minimize them at the least. This has been extremely helpful for me. And please everyone doing this program should purchase Sam Obitz "Been there, done that? Do this!" The TEA forms are a MUST DO in my opinion and have been invaluable to me in my process of recovery/healing. Trust me on this. I will help anyone if they need it through email or w/e with whatever I can, just pm me or reply on a forum ;)

Return to “Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)”