anyone take natural supplements for IBS?

Suffering from IBS? Post your history, experience, comments and/or suggestions
Holly J

Post by Holly J » Tue May 13, 2008 10:21 am

can anyone tell me what has worked for their IBS. i know i need to take something everyday but i want it to be natural and i dont know what i can take for it. please share
"Come to me, all who are tired from carrying heavy loads, and I will give you rest. (Matthew 11:28)"

Mary Wargo

Post by Mary Wargo » Tue May 13, 2008 11:48 am

Probiotics and oat bran does the trick for me. I also eat a non dairy soy yogurt with active cultures.

Be-Positive

Post by Be-Positive » Tue May 13, 2008 12:38 pm

Google Heather Van Vorous sites. She has natural products for IBS.

NinjaFrodo

Post by NinjaFrodo » Thu May 15, 2008 2:49 pm

I like to use Vibe...its got alot of natural things in it like goji berries and blueberries and stuff like that...really strong but tastes horrible :P
Here is the link to the Letting Go thread which is designated for venting
http://forum.stresscenter.com/viewtopic ... 52&t=25087

You can follow me on Twitter, same username or check out my blog

http://ninjafrodo.blogspot.com/

bizcoach

Post by bizcoach » Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:15 pm

I have a minor case of Ulcerative Colitis was taking about 10 Asocal tablets, each day. (prescription medication). Two months ago, a friend introduced me to a fruit drink called Mona-Vie. Taking 2-4 ounces a day has been good for my condition. I'm only taking 6 Asocal tablets a day now and am in UC remission. I'm going to try four tabs a day this week to see how I do.

I recommend Mona-Vie and would be happy to introduce you to the process of obtaining it.

momtoboys

Post by momtoboys » Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:20 pm

I tried peppermint oil tablets but they hurt my tummy. Now I just take calcium and iron.

Terez

Post by Terez » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:55 am

I heard you can drink something w/chamomile and lavender in it...supposed to calm your stomach...I have yet to find it...prob health store...Also I was thinking of taking something to strengthen my stomach like your stomach lining...I know it's gross but if you ground cabbage you can use the liquid to drink...make sense? I often wonder if this is permanent or will it ever go away...and I know it's negative but that's what I think...does anyone else think like that? I'm believe w/God's help it's going to go away...

Tommyboy

Post by Tommyboy » Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:36 pm

I have found that pure natural fiber unsweetened works great for me. 3 servings a day. It's so healthy and it only took me a couple of days to adjust to it.

nspyredj

Post by nspyredj » Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:01 am

Hi-

I take Acidopholus too. But, I take something called B-Calm by Health Aid America (I can only get it at my healthfood store, but if you go to their site & email them, they will be very gracious in helping you locate it).

I also take Kali-Phos 6 - which is a homeopathic "anxiety" aid. It has helped me when my panic attacks and anxiety are not super severe (like everyday stuff).

The other place I order things is actually for my rage issue I get. It is called Fem+. It is to help regulate hormones. I take something else that is homeopathic for PMS, but I needed something stronger. It is by Dr. Schulze (www.herbdoc.com). He is magnificent!

I hope that helps. I've noticed a huge huge change since I started taking the B-Calm and I would recommend it to anyone who has daily underlying anxiety. It got me back to normal after being taken off of cymbalta (my 9th anti-depressant/anxiety medication in 10 years).

Good luck to you!!!! -J
"Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a beautiful butterfly."

sharonchgo

Post by sharonchgo » Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:51 am

Originally posted by Holly J:
can anyone tell me what has worked for their IBS. i know i need to take something everyday but i want it to be natural and i dont know what i can take for it. please share

Return to “Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)”