lost weight

Suffering from IBS? Post your history, experience, comments and/or suggestions
snowwhite

Post by snowwhite » Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:05 pm

I ended up at the er and found out I had constipation. After that I was nervous to eat the same foods I was eating. I ended up working with someone to make sure I didn't have those stomach pains anymore and figure out what to eat to make it better; however I still haven't gained the weight back that I want to .I now 'worry' about gaining it back and I know this doesn't help. I am trying to be positive. I am on week 3 and working on it. Just curious if anyone else has had anything similar.

Ocean

Post by Ocean » Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:43 am

Hi Snowwhite,
I love your screen name! I still need to gain weight, but was at my lowest 4 years ago. My problem was difficulty swallowing and therefore lower calories and I was also breastfeeding (not a good combo!). I started to get obsessed with the scale...not to lose weight, but my desire to gain! I remember stepping on that scale and seeing that I'd lost yet another lb and of course then starting to worry if I had cancer or something (I was 25 years old). Once the anxiety went away, my weight came back up and it was great...of course then I got the anxiety again, so I'm hoping soon I'll be able to gain the weight, although my swallowing is better than the last time.

Take care and you aren't alone!
btw... Claire Weekes talks about the losing weight issue in her book "Hope and Help For Your Nerves" it helped to ease my mind about the weight loss!

Ocean

beehappy

Post by beehappy » Sat Jul 05, 2008 12:54 am

Thanks! I told my husband I should hide the scale because it has been so easy to step on it every day to see if there is a change. Cancer has crossed my mind...It just comes up more because my aunt passed away at 50 from it and then my mind just wonders 'well that must be it' but this program has helped me not to be such a worrier. I still have my moments/days, but it is getting better. I appreciate the reply. It is hard to explain to friends and family about gaining weight:) Good luck to you and wish you the best-
Snowwhite-

Return to “Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)”