fear

Suffering from IBS? Post your history, experience, comments and/or suggestions
aj85

Post by aj85 » Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:06 pm

does anyone on here suffer from the fear of throwing up or having to go to the washroom and not being able to axcess one..and embarrasing yourself..my main fear is that happening to me when im riding in cars with people i don't know...for the last 5 years i haven't been in someones car i don't know..and i tend to find excuses to get out of situations where i can embarass myself infrom of people i don;t know..when i go into cars with people i do know ..most of the time i drive..and if it is a long trip..i don't eat before it..and barely while on it..on vacation...i eat verry little..almost starrving myself..out of fear of throwing up..some one who can relate please provide some advice..send me a private msg..or post..thnak you 

Post by Guest » Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:06 pm

Hello AJ, I am not really sure I have any advice for you, but I completely understand your fears. I have had the fear of throwing up and going to especially public restrooms. Congratulate yourself each time you realize that you made it through a frightning situation without throwing up. As you realize more and more that you are stronger than the panic you will begin to relax. Good luck to you and keep putting the hard work into it.

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:06 pm

AJ my problem is very very similar to yours. I do the same thing..the not eating very much. I hate it when people joke about my not eating and such because a lot of them don't even know why I choose not to. I hate riding on school buses especially when it's packed with people. So I hope you get help and then maybe you can help me! Good luck

eileenmatt

Post by eileenmatt » Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:23 am

When I started having anxiety, throwing up was probably my biggest fear, in addition to losing control in front of people. My anxiety has gotten so strong at times that throwing up seems like the only option. Over the last year or so it has seemed to change more to IBS than nausea but at times I still feel like I'm going to throw up, especially when I'm in a car and someone else is driving or when I'm in the back seat, just like you. I think for me its completely a control issue, when I'm not in control of the vehicle I get very anxious and almost feel like I have motion sickness. If I'm the one driving, I'm fine, even for long distances. I would say that for all of us its probably a control issue since this is one of the biggest things that we all deal with, just like the people who can't fly. I wish I had some advice other than to work on letting go of the control.
Speak YOUR MIND EVEN IF YOUR VOICE SHAKES

Inspiration is All Around

Post by Inspiration is All Around » Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:02 am

Your fear is probably more common than you think. When I was young, my bedroom was right across from the bathroom and my whole family woke up sick with a stomach virus. Our house was old, the bedrooms were so small, we could'nt have doors put on in order to put any kind of furniture in it. I have had a phobia of that ever since. Every day I went to school thinking it was gonna happen to me, so I stayed home alot imagining symptoms until I finally came down with it. So now I am paranoid through the winter. I especially don't like to be in church with people all around me. If someone infront of me or in back of me looks like there not feeling good, especially kids, I can't even concentrate on Mass. One time a little girl kept telling her mom her stomach hurt, so I got up and moved to a different spot.

So, I think my phobia is more other people throwing up, although I am terrified of it happening to me also.

Post by Guest » Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:05 pm

Hi guys,

I think it's fear of doing the wrong thing. Being somehow socially unacceptable. But you feel so compelled to do this, and this is the one thing that's socially wrong. So where along the lines did we learn that speaking up for ourselves, doing what we need to do is out of line with social acceptability? Let's reprogram to do what we want, and know it's acceptable and encouraged by others! here's to rounding out the year with love~

Return to “Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)”