IBS and Hives

Suffering from IBS? Post your history, experience, comments and/or suggestions
Snooskers

Post by Snooskers » Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:08 am

Just curious...has anyone ever had an episode of IBS and broken out in hives. It starts with my hands sweating and then beginning to itch. If I get really anxious about it, I have been known to break out all over. Sometimes, the spasms and cramps are so bad, I feel like I'm going to pass out. My blood pressure sky rockets and I'm simply at its mercy. Anyone out there who has experienced the same? Any suggestions?

Post by Guest » Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:57 am

I heard anxiety causes hives

Post by Guest » Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:59 am

I get hives from stress! My doctor told me that when I break out and I scratch the hives it gives my body a form of relief from the stress...because it feels good when I scratch the itch. He gave me cream to put on them and told me not to scratch them! I don't get them as often as I use too, but really there is nothing I have found to stop them. I'm hoping this program will help give me some relief.

Post by Guest » Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:11 pm

My stepdaughter had hives and some IBS symptoms - and it all disappeared when she started taking fiber on a regular basis and cut wheat out of her diet. Now she only gets hives if she eats wheat by mistake. A lot of other 'emotional' health problems disappeared when she changed her diet, as well. The same thing has happened for me, although I'm fortunately not wheat intolerant.

It can be stress, but it shouldn't be concluded that hives comes from stress until allergies or food reactions are ruled out...

Return to “Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)”