This is the worst! maybe TMI

Suffering from IBS? Post your history, experience, comments and/or suggestions
Kris10

Post by Kris10 » Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:11 am

My husband and I are on our way to a wedding soon. Of course I'm so anxious my hands are shaking. The kids are staying at inlaws which is part of my anxiety bc they have never slept out before.
Now my IBS kicks in. All day I had that feeling in my stomache like I was going to have diarrhea. It's disgusting! I get nervous about it then I get the WORST, SMELLIEST farts!
I terrified I'll have diarrhea when on the long drive there. I'm afraid to take amodium bc then i'll be constipated for days then be anxious about that!
I'm just so sick of all this. Can't I go out and have a good evening without the kids and enjoy it!

Post by Guest » Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:39 am

Hi Kris, been there done that many many times! ahhh.. horrid! I am a big avoider now too! I would suggest taking half of the immodium and working on positive self talk, try not to have high expectations and go with the flow- take comfort in the fact im sure there will be lots of washrooms along the way! Im sure you will have a great time! its great the kids are doing something they havent, thats building their confidence too! keep your head up, keep positive talk and try not to dwell on it, go with the flow and I promise you'll actually ENJOY yourself!

best wishes and please let us know how it goes! :)

vegas girl

Post by vegas girl » Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:22 am

kri,
f you can get the dr to put you on dicyclomine.it is for IBS and works wonders when either me or my wife gets it lol..know what you are talking about been there done that.i laffed so hard when lucinda told of going somewhere and she got it and was in a room with a stang lady and had to rush to the bathroom.and, all the time she was in there it had no fan..lol..and the lady kept talking like nothing was wrong. my sides ached by the time i got finished reading it..take care and be safe.
don

Post by Guest » Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:08 am

Well I made it through the wedding and the ride there and back without having to stop at a bathroom! Everything went pretty well except my son came down with a stomache bug the next morning over the inlaws. So he was throwing up all day. That is one of my biggest fears! I DON'T do barf! So I'm praying we don't all get it! Thanks for your support!

Faith_TX

Post by Faith_TX » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:18 am

Hi kris10,

Just so you know for the next time you're either on a trip or you feel the need to go to the washroom asap (diarrhea feeling) but you dont actually have to go. This means your intestines are distended, and I found that in the past whenever I took peppermint oil pills, it relaxes my body and that diarrhea feeling goes away. This is the best alternative since you dont need to take amodium and end up being constipated. Ensure that you find the peppermint oil pills that have a coating on them so that it can bypass the digestive acids in the stomach and reach your intestines (where you need it to be). The box itself should explicitly note whether it is coated.
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.
~~ Ronald Reagan

Post by Guest » Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:56 am

Kelly, I'm so constipated from all the family stress, I need a quick fix. Is there anything I can take over the counter to give me relief. My med's for IBS are not even helping me right now. Haven't been this bad since a yr. and a half ago. I have tried, Dulcolax, and still no relief!!! I'd go to my gastro Dr. but have no medical ins. right now, and he want's to charge me 325.00 just to see him. Then he will make me go through another colonoscopy.

Post by Guest » Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:27 am

GasX or Mylanta antigas works for me

Return to “Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)”