Help how to get this out of my head

Suffering from IBS? Post your history, experience, comments and/or suggestions
john michael swanson

Post by john michael swanson » Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:33 am

hi,i was very bad every day all day and nights were the worst with insomnia and now where to go-feelings of extream anxiety.had to see a doctor but to help pull myself together it was a combination of all day exercise,at least one dannon-activa yogurt a day,a regiment of phillips milk of mag,senokot,and metamucil-throughout the day and more into the evening hours if the reccomended amount doesn't tack affect earlier in the day. also your eating habits need a copleat overhaul and stop drinking coffee and tea,caffine, and sweets compleatly-all fatty junk too. remember totally exhaust yourself with excercise.6 months all day every day was gone alot quicker.it takes it's time but always remmember to stick with the program and have a good support system,it always helps. keep up with the program everyday and don't quit!!!when this is all gone one day it will all be so worth it,don't smoke!!! thanks john
what?

Goober25

Post by Goober25 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:47 am

Perhaps it's not in your head but really happening. I am kind of going through the same problem but I haven't spoken to my doctor about it yet (and just recently told my mother about it after having symptoms for about a month). I feel a bit dumb asking this question, but how are you sure if you have IBS? What are the ways to treat it? I am sure if I do have IBS that it is brought on by my anxiety and depression because I am just coming out of a 6 month acute state - but now what?

lilchrissy

Post by lilchrissy » Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:46 pm

John, I have never had insomnia but have heard it is horrible and I think it would make me crazy. I'm glad you have found some things that are helping you!

lilchrissy

Post by lilchrissy » Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:02 am

The was a great article in the news a couple of weeks ago about the mind body connection between anxiety and IBS. Unfortunately I read it in USA Today and can't find an on-line link to it though but some of you computer saavy people may have better luck than I did.

JR5

Post by JR5 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:46 am

Originally posted by MargieP:
I do not know if I had full form of IBS but I did have lots of stomache pain and diarhea prior to buying Lucinda's program and joining a cbt group that used the TEA form from the book by Obitz and my stomache problems disappeared with my anxiety. Might have been a coincidence but I'm not sure?
MargieP my gf has IBS and at my urging she
asked her doctor about trying to use the TEA forms from the book bt Sam Obitz and they are starting to help her. Like you said it could be coincidental but they worked for my anxiety probs and her doctor said anxiety is a big part of IBS flare-ups.

lilchrissy

Post by lilchrissy » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:33 pm

Are the TEA forms still working for her? I think based on my experience over a longer period of time it is certainly more than mere coincidence at work here :)

Teresa Parish

Post by Teresa Parish » Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:56 pm

Do you know how many times a day I ask myself that very question????? too many to count. I have a mantal battle with the actual need to throw up. Is there really a need or is it some other symptom causing the nausea? The only thing thus far that works is Taking showers and running the water from hot to cold and back and forth. Of course this is always or usually a temporary fix. I pace the floor A LOT!!!!!!! I try to lay down and cannot get comfortable so I'm pacing, smoking, drinking one of three things apple juice, gatorade, or ginger ale. I do leg stretches to help distract me, I color or draw (if I can sit that long),and self medicate with wacky tabacky just to get an appetite, calm the stomach, or calm me down. It's like my life has become trial and error. I'm only in week 2 I know it will get better but I feel like I just want my life back. Anyone care to comment?????

JR5

Post by JR5 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:07 pm

Originally posted by lilchrissy:
Are the TEA forms still working for her? I think based on my experience over a longer period of time it is certainly more than mere coincidence at work here :)
They are still working for her IBS so I am optimistic but I admit there needs to be more time to make sure it's not coincidence. Thanks for asking :)

JR5

Post by JR5 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:08 pm

I don't know the answer but the more things you try the more likely you will find something that works for you.

Toni1978

Post by Toni1978 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:45 pm

I have this problem all the time. I have been taking immodium every time I go out so that I don't have to have this problem but by doing that I end up having stomach pains from gas that I guess builds up from not going to the bathroom. It seems that when I eat or drink I automatically get stomach pains and have to run to the bathroom. It is very annoying. I would LOVE to be able to go without the immodium. Is this something that goes away once you start to feel better with your anxiety?

Return to “Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)”