How I cured my IBS.. Yes, lifelong sufferer cured without meds...

Suffering from IBS? Post your history, experience, comments and/or suggestions
tinkerbelly

Post by tinkerbelly » Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:09 am

I was diagnosed with IBS but i dont take meds anymore, theres really no need. You just need to be careful what you eat.
Plenty of fruit and veg, high fibre cereals and I try not too eat too may carbs.I love pasta though so I eat a wheat/gluten free version so I dont have to cut it out completely!
I did stop eating bread for a while but find i'm ok with freshly baked wholemeal/granary breads so can have sandwiches again! :)
I have a mug of peppermint tea every morning and that really helps with my digestion, as does drinking warm water throughout the day.

avcavcd

Post by avcavcd » Sat Dec 15, 2007 7:16 am

IBS and Electromagnetic Fields Radiation. Effect & cause? The connection has returned my normal self

Dear all
I have been suffering with IBS symptoms during the last year. After doing some research I reached the following conclusions:
My condition is nothing to do with diet, but with Electromagnetic Fields radiation. It is everywhere and high levels of the magnetic one, I believe, is causing my condition.
I had suspicions of EMF and found tools to check it out and monitor it. I have to say that my symptoms are not present as long as I stay away of magnetic fields over 2 milligaus. If interested check this website <A HREF="http://www.electronichealing.co.uk/prod ... ection.htm" TARGET=_blank>http://www.electronichealing.co.uk/prod ... ion.htm</A> or try to find a EMF meter somewhereelse in order to check which areas might have high EMF radiation present.
Surprisingly my worst enemy was an old cathodic computer screen which was exposing me for long periods of time to a magnetic field of between 10 and 20 milligaus. As soon as I switched it off, my life changed completely; a dull pain that I used to have, sometimes all day long, vanished completely. Now I am in the situation that my wobel is kind of scared and very sensitive, specially to EMF radiation. I know it for a fact because I keep measuring the levels with a meter that I invested in [investment that has given me back my normal self most of the time]. As soon as I find an area with a high magnetic field I know that I have to keep away or find the source in order to remove it or relocate it, otherwise my bowel starts to feel like very itchi.
In terms of my diet, before finding the EMF issue, became bizarre because I started to try to find which foods were affecting me. Nowadays I eat anything and has no effect on how I feel.
Another element of my bettering is to do with the problem of constipation which I still have, I believe to do with my bowel not being able to function properly because of its scaring and sensitivity, the way that I manage to have, at least, a daily motion is by means of irrigation. I found a method that suits me to force the motion so that the stool does not stay too long in my system, thought it used to cause me feeling very bloated and unwell due to the stool going off. Now I can get my system working and the end result is that I feel fine but for the scaring and sensitivity of my bowel.
I do not inted to tell that what might be causing IBS to everyone is precisely what I have explained, I just intend to share my experience.
I would like to suggest that if people do not find ways of bettering, that at least try to check EMF which is something that is not obvious and that is invisible. A first step would be to get a EMF meter to check if there are sources which are too high and to which exposure is quite permanent. The recomended levels for magnetic fields are from 0 to 1 milligauss which have no biological effect, from 1 to 3 milligauss the situation is borderline, beyond 3 milligauss it is recomended that long term exposure should be avoided.[Reference: Trifield (R) Meter]
Finally, I would like to clarify that high magnetic fields are everywhere and shortlived exposure to them might not be a cause for alarm. In the other hand, I believe that what caused my condition is to do with me being exposed to such a high magnetic field for over two years; an average of between 45 and 50 hours a week.
Nothing to lose for checking, it has changed my live. A month ago I would not have had the energy to write in this forum.

Hope it further helps

BFG

Post by BFG » Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:34 pm

I'm glad that I saw your note. I'm suffering from a lot of those symptoms right now. I need to follow your example by eating more, smaller meals, I think.

I have trouble digesting fresh fruit because I have ulcerative colitis, but I'm tired of giving up different foods.

I look forward to the day when I don't need to know where all the bathrooms are.

cryss

Post by cryss » Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:48 am

for me it is food and anxiety that cause the IBS -- hot cocoa is a given , spicey foods are a given -- anytime I have an issue with my stomach caused by food or stress, I have IBS wich increases the stress -- If I control one they all go away

My Mom delt with IBS, pains in the abdomin for 5-6 yrs and the DR.s could find nothing wrong -- then she had heartburn that was unreal and would not respond to anything -- she went to the hospital and they said she was having a heart attack -- she did indeed have a small one that turn out to be a deformed vain on the outside of her hart that had a clott-- but in the process of testing for all of this she also found out she was celiac sprue -( allergic to wheat gluten) and that not only was her diet consisting of wheat but so was most of her medication -- when she went off wheat all symptems went away -- the IBS, acid reflux, abdominal pains etc.

Dixie1980x

Post by Dixie1980x » Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:36 am

For those of you with heartburn problems you should try drinking 4 oz of pure aloe vera juice 3 times a day for a few weeks. Aloe vera actually heals your stomache lining instead of making it worse or not doing anything at all like antacids do. It tastes nasty by itself but you can mix it with water or any kind of juice, protein shake or even soup.
Jen

avcavcd

Post by avcavcd » Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:34 pm

Apologies for that, I didn't realize.
I meant to suggest any meter equipment which allows to check magnetic fields leves. That one is the one that I am using, that is all.
I have deleted the link.

I would like to update my findings.
I recently have come to the realization that my IBS like condition comes to affect me when nearby electrical transformers, cathodic screens, electrical fans, oil filled radiators with transformers. Hence, in my case the relationship to electromagnetic fields should be restricted to those electrical goods. It seems that those transformers are the ones giving me a hardtime. As soon as I get away from them the irritation stops. Furthermore, I came to the conclusion that I might have a heavy metal poisoning, acumulated in my bowel for whatever reason - there are arguments like from old mercury tooth fillings - which reacts with those electrical goods radiation, which make my bowel go funny.

I found info on chelation and started a program of heavy metal detox by using, garlic, chlorella (algae), coriander, cilantro, MSM and NAC. Soon after I started, my severe constipation caused by the exposure to mainly computer transformers, did stop. I still have the left corner of my bowel very sensitive but I have normal stool movement behaviour.

Hope it helps someone.

Originally posted by Mello Nello:
ava,
Why are you advertising a product on this site?
Im just wondering, since you arent supposed to do that here??

dancingshrink

Post by dancingshrink » Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:30 pm

Have you tried ginger peppermint tea? I find this helps with the pain and bloating, also digestion. I also have eliminated caffeine and all dairy. I can handle goats cheese, though.
I also used biofeedback and that helped.

Stretch68

Post by Stretch68 » Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:34 pm

avcavcd,
Have you been to a Dr.? If not you better go see one. I don't know anything about all the elcetronic things you talk about, but I do know that if you have pain in the lower left side of your abdomine you should be checked soon. I had a pain like that and it was diverticulitis. Look up digestive diseases or diverticulitis on the web. It sometimes acts like IBS, but can be more serious. Good Luck.

PING

Post by PING » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:12 am

diverticulitis
HEY MY FRIEND HAS IBS
BUT HE SAYS HE GETS IRREGULAR
ERECTIONS
AND IT HURTS

IS THIS A SYMPTOM FOR ANYONE?
PLEASE LET ME KNOW
J.I.M.

Return to “Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)”