IBS

Suffering from IBS? Post your history, experience, comments and/or suggestions
Vango

Post by Vango » Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:04 am

If anyone online reads my last post and can help me, please reply. Thanks, and have a wonderful Easter. :roll:

Rene98

Post by Rene98 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:59 am

Hi Vango,

Thank you very much for creating a new thread to address your personal problems, that's very nice of you. I have attached your original message below for easy reference.

Now to address your problem with IBS-D. It is with much knowledge that it's best to reduce modern medications and use less insidious/potent methods to reverse your symptoms. Instead of suppressing your symptoms, I strongly suggest restrengthening your gut and enabling it to regain normal rhythm of intestinal contractions. Modern medications have only a short-lasting effect. It is highly recommended that you partake in the following:

A) Increase your fiber intake (both soluble and insoluble, not just one or the other) and drink lots of water throughout the day. When your body lacks fluid, the stool tends to harden quickly, thus causing the constipation. Fiber is available in herbal drug stores.

B) Try to jog around the block for 5-10 minutes and slowly increase to 20 then 30 minutes. If that is difficult, then speed-walking (walking quickly) is just as effective in replacement of jogging. Just ensure your heart rate goes up.

C) You have mentioned in your message that you are confronted with an abundance of family stress. Always make sure to take time to yourself and relax, whether that be in your room or basement. Somewhere where the noise level is kept at a minimum and you can just sit and relax your body and organs for 30 minutes after encountering severe stress. Remember to always prevent yourself from hitting the peak of your stress level. Your organs/gut will begin to function too aggressively and cause symptoms to be present.

There has been one medication that many people have had good results with and that is Zelnorm. Now I havent yet been able to research this product yet, but when I do, i'll provide an update on my website.

Always aim for long-term solutions however. I understand that at the present time, the pain may be unbearable, and lots of liquid will help. Follow A, B, and C and you'll feel a difference in results.

Take Care,
Kelly Chow

Vango Posted March 19, 2008 08:56 AM Hide Post
Kelly, I'm so constipated from all the family stress, I need a quick fix. Is there anything I can take over the counter to give me relief. My med's for IBS are not even helping me right now. Haven't been this bad since a yr. and a half ago. I have tried, Dulcolax, and still no relief!!! I'd go to my gastro Dr. but have no medical ins. right now, and he want's to charge me 325.00 just to see him. Then he will make me go through another colonoscopy.
Posts: 6 | Location: Fort Lauderdale,FL | Registered: March 16, 2008
Love and Light

Rene'

Return to “Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)”