IBS????

Suffering from IBS? Post your history, experience, comments and/or suggestions
CanadianKristie

Post by CanadianKristie » Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:29 pm

Hello, I had some questions to ask anyone! I've been constipated, and have dirrhea, and I've had small poops, like dime or nickel sized?
I've had the cramps and nausea deff bloated!
what to do??? I seen a doctor today who gave me a Fleet Edema and I used it and still don't feel emptied! any suggestions from anyone , would be appreciated!

Kristie

CanadianKristie

Post by CanadianKristie » Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:50 am

it would be nice if someone were to not just look but answer my Question, I went to Doctor Yesterday and he gave me at home fleet edema
my stomach was still full and sick sooo I went back in today and they gave me citro mag anhydrous magnesium citrate oral solution sooo now one went one way and this stuff i swallow
HELP

kinsey

Post by kinsey » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:10 am

well. I've suffered from IBS for 3 yrs now it all started when I moved out on my own. into the real world can be scary. I was having bad side pains and went to dr.s and he did test after test ck'g colon, blood and several questions later. The hospital gave the test to my dr and everything was fine.. I was only having certain pain with things i was eating. but i was overeating when i was stressed as we all do sometimes. Gaining weight didnt help much either. But the dr put me on clidinium for when ever i have those pains. when i take it usually makes me go to bathroom and the Irrital Bowel is gone. so not sure if this helps but you are not alone. Many people that do have anx. suffer with IBS -- I had social anx. in past soon resolved itself after getting married recently. But I also control my diet and eat more fiber that helps to... Invest in Fibersure to put in food dosent leave a taste on your food just helps your body.. thanks

EileenV

Post by EileenV » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:52 am

Hi Kristie,

I have suffered with IBS/GERD/Reflux and Fybromyalgia, among other issues for 15+ years. Now I have anxiety/panic and I think I am going through the perimenopause/menopause thing. Anyway, for 15+ years, no doc/meds have helped me. I recently began herbal therapy with a professional naturopathic physician and everything is improving or healed. You might check out a naturopath in your area. Or search the web. Check out <A HREF="http://www.womentowomen.com," TARGET=_blank>www.womentowomen.com,</A> <A HREF="http://www.power-surge.com," TARGET=_blank>www.power-surge.com,</A> <A HREF="http://www.drnorthrup.com/index.php" TARGET=_blank>http://www.drnorthrup.com/index.php</A>.

Hope this helps.
Eileen :)

fischee

Post by fischee » Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:15 am

Hi Kristie,
I've had similar problems (still having some- now acid reflux). Anyway, I've been told the "rabbit turds" are frequently due to not drinking enough water. A 120 lb person should drink a minimum of 80 oz water daily; for every 20 lbs an additional 20 oz.

Personally, I need more than the recommended avg for my weight. I now drink a minimum of 8 16 oz. bottles a day and have seen a significant difference in "elimination" *gag*, headaches (little to none), and general well-being.

I also started taking a probiotic called "Multidophilus" by Solaray. I'd tried others (some even more $$$, but this one works well for me & less than $25 for a 50 day supply).

Lastly, I know magnesium and calcium can help not only for anxiety but digestion. I drink a hot mug of NaturalCalm right before bed. Even before I learned about the water and probiotics, I was using this sleep and I saw a difference. I get both supplements at my local healthfood store.

Hope this helps,
fischee

fischee

Post by fischee » Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:38 pm

Hi Eileen,
That womentowomen site is a goldmine. Thank you so much for sharing!
Emily
I also sent the site to my mom... she also thanks you :D.

EileenV

Post by EileenV » Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:05 am

You are welcome Emily. I'm happy it is helpful for you. :)

Return to “Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)”