IBS at Work

Suffering from IBS? Post your history, experience, comments and/or suggestions
wrigleyjen

Post by wrigleyjen » Thu May 01, 2008 2:38 pm

Any suggestions?
Last edited by wrigleyjen on Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." Jn.14:27

Holly J

Post by Holly J » Tue May 13, 2008 10:03 am

i have the same thing. i just started experiencing ibs and i sometimes get it at work and its terrible. try peppermint pills/chew/tea? . . also just curious, do you experience soreness on your lower right abdomen?
"Come to me, all who are tired from carrying heavy loads, and I will give you rest. (Matthew 11:28)"

kathryn.campbell

Post by kathryn.campbell » Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:30 am

You have to be careful with peppermint, as this can aggravate reflux issues if present. How were you diagnosed with IBS? What is important is to discover the root cause of your symptoms (i.e. - food allergies, bacterial or yeast overgrowth, parasites, etc.), and then develop a treatment plan based on your individual case. I would recommend checking out ww.IBStreatmentcenter.com for some great information about the causes of IBS, treatment options, etc. There is also a large collection of research at www.innatehealthfoundation.org that may be of help.

Donnalf

Post by Donnalf » Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:23 am

Try some Organic Apple Cider Vinger. Look it up online. You wouldn't beleive all it is good for.

equestrian1

Post by equestrian1 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:24 am

I have had IBS for about 13 years now. I wasn't "diagnosed" with it...when you are running to the bathroom and you become afraid to go anywhere, its pretty obvious. I first found that certain combinations of food do not agree with me. Also, something about restaurant foods (maybe msg) are more likely to affect me. Of course anxiety ALWAYS brings it on! Last year, my doctor/friend perscribed Bentyl. This has been a LIFE SAVER!!! I take 1 pill am and pm and if I feel the cramps/bloating coming on, I take one and it usually stops them from progressing.
Good Luck! Its an embarrassing subject, I thank Lucinda for speaking so frankly!!!!!!!!I have to laugh when she talks about sharing a motel room with a friend. Been there, done that!

Kelly Chow

Post by Kelly Chow » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:38 am

Originally posted by Donnalf:
Try some Organic Apple Cider Vinger. Look it up online. You wouldn't beleive all it is good for.
I have done some significant research on this product and it appears that it is only the raw forms of Apple Cider Vinegar that truly works. Many IBS sufferers believe that because it is a vinegar and is fermented that it will do the typical IBS sufferer, much harm. However contrary to this, Apple Cider Vinegar is believed to have properties that help to kill off yeast in the body instead of helping it to grow. So some parents would have their children drink a little bit of this cider or include it when cooking their meals to help fend of yeast in their body. Everyone has yeast in their body however when in high counts, it can have disastrous effects on your body. When a baby is born and their immune system is weak, the yeast in the environment, when introduced to the baby, can result in thrush such as on their tongue.

This topic is of much interest to me and I am continually investigating this product.
[url]http://www.reversingibs.com[/url]

Return to “Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)”