HOW I BEAT IBS

Suffering from IBS? Post your history, experience, comments and/or suggestions
IBS BEAT

Post by IBS BEAT » Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:10 am

Hello Fellow sufferers,

Just thought I'd take some time and post what has worked for me. Since the vast amount of people that have IBS are women, its probably harder to deal with this being a man. I did research reading other peoples posts and combined 3 steps that has giving me salvation from this terrible condition. Read what I did on my simple webpage outlining what I did ... good luck everyone and may the mad dashes or hour on the toilet be a thing of the past for all.

<A HREF="http://ca.geocities.com/ibs_help@rogers.com/ibs.html" TARGET=_blank>http://ca.geocities.com/ibs_help@rogers.com/ibs.html</A>

MzSonja

Post by MzSonja » Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:07 pm

Thanks for the tip! I normally take Immodium A-D to put a halt to any 'symptoms' when I'm going to be doing something out and about. It my LIFESAVER!! Sometimes if I worry excessively or get overly nervous, I get the nervous stomach and then get gassy and then I just never know if it's going to lead to diarrhea (cause it has so many times!) and I fear not making it to the restroom in time( I haven't on a few occasions..AND thats' why). According to my Gastroenterologist, Immodium also causes the muscle in the bowel area to respond better, and it ceases cramping, thus providing more protection against accidental leakage. He has me taking Fiber supplements too daily. But, I love Immodium!! But, only take it when needed. Digestive Advantage sounds like a product worth trying too.. So thank you for that sharing that. ;)

Not only do I deal with IBS-D symptoms, but I live with Celiac type symptoms (Grain- wheat, oats, and who knows what else) intolerance and milk intolerance too). Also I take the anti-anxiety/anti-depressant Celexa which helps me a lot. I had to decrease my anxiety in order be comfortable and not worry about the restroom so much, and it's been so much better, but I do have my days. I listen to the tapes here as well. And I'm learning SO MUCH!

MzSonja

*D*

Post by *D* » Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:22 pm

i used to have it and i am a man and, i changed my diet and got away from milk products and some other things that did it.when i got rid of the panic and anxiety it did not bother me much at all..hope that works for some others as well. be blessed
don
anyhow my wife has some meds the dr gave her they are in a capsule and are purple in color..helps alot too..lol :D
i did not think that it was funny until i heard lucinda talk about it on the tapes. i laffed until my sides hurt.i went through the program in 2003.i just thoughti would listen and refresh myself..when i was going through the program i did not find anything funny lol...

GiGimon

Post by GiGimon » Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:06 am

This is day 2 for me and I am stunned about this IBS, and I never even put it together that
it would be connected to anxiety and stress.
True it would occur when I have been through stressful situations, but I thought I was alone with it. I guess I should explore some of the
meds you are suggesting. Wow!!!!

sunniebeech

Post by sunniebeech » Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:24 pm

I agree, it is nice to know we are not alone in our suffering! I haven't rec'd my program yet but it seems this whole thing is a vicious circle. I just want it to STOP. All of it.

Knowing it is a vicious circle doesn't help though. I can't gather the motivation to exercise, eat right, etc. Will all of that really help?

Vango

Post by Vango » Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:20 am

Hi everyone, I'm new to this site, but here is some great info for all IBS suffer's including myself. Go to HelpForIBS.com Heather is the owner of this company. She sells cookbooks and other wonderful tools to help us feel better. On her site, there is a IBS diet cheat sheet to tell you what foods to eat, and what foods are trigger foods. She also sells supplements to make you feel better. I had dairy yesterday, and today I feel sick. When I suffer from an IBS attack, it's hard for me to eat anything. Check her site out, and maybe it will help you.

Kelly Chow

Post by Kelly Chow » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:10 am

Great post IBS beat! Its very encouraging that you are so supportive in helping yourself and others.

Taking digestive enzymes and drinking lots of water will indeed help. Some folks however are too weak to be performing exercises at the moment and need to gain a good grip on their severe symptoms before being able to become active.

Most, if not all IBS sufferers have what they call candida, which is an overgrowth of yeast in their system. I would suggest a restrictive diet plan to eliminate bread, yeast, sugar, dairy, flour out of your diet for a month to eliminate the over production of yeast. This would help to reduce the symptoms to a managable point to start off with. Further actions are necessary to minimize the symptoms further so that they arent a concern anymore.

Continuous intake of digestive pills with all meals however, helps heaps and bounds if maintained consistently overtime. IBS sufferers have a weak digestive system, and this will help aid to break-down the food to enable for easier absorption of the nutrients from the food.
[url]http://www.reversingibs.com[/url]

Return to “Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)”