What cured my IBS

Suffering from IBS? Post your history, experience, comments and/or suggestions
Ariyon

Post by Ariyon » Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:47 am

I got my natural psyllium at the regular drug store. It's called "Original Konsyl." Really helps the IBS.

Want2FeelGoodAgain

Post by Want2FeelGoodAgain » Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:22 pm

I found out my IBS was actually a wheat intolerance!!!! After almost 20 yrs of suffering it seems I have Celiac disease! DO YOU KNOW HOW HARD IT IS TO AVOID THESE FOODS!!! It is actually a pretty common diet intolerance, worth a try....went gluten free about 5 days ago, and I have never gone this long without one of my "attacks". All this time I thought anxiety was the cause, but it seems this was a cause for my anxiety!!!
One day at a time is the fastest we can go......

Stressed Momma

Post by Stressed Momma » Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:02 am

I bought some Metamucil the other night and it is working great. I take it right before I eat dinner and I have no issues for that evening on through the next day.

Stressed Momma

Post by Stressed Momma » Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:06 am

hunnie33,

Yes I know it is worse exactly 2 weeks before I start my period. That's kinda how we figured out what it was cuz I was having pains and bloating before my period and we had no idea what was going on.

Shifrah

Post by Shifrah » Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:50 pm

I found that a raw vegan/vegetarian diet helps immensely in this area. At first you might get a little detox in the intestines while the body adjusts to eating fresh foods, but after you get over that hump everything regulates. You can google raw food and IBS or Paul Nissan or Raw food & Chron's Disease to get more info, I'm not sure if links are acceptable here.

I agree that wheat is a huge trigger with IBS. Also spicy foods.
Shif.

If you don't like something change it; if you can't change it, change the way you think about it.

Return to “Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)”