Allergic to everything?

Suffering from IBS? Post your history, experience, comments and/or suggestions
cole2458

Post by cole2458 » Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:18 am

Every time I eat, I get sick to my stomach. Bloating, cramps, have to run to the bathroom or have constipation. I am allergic/intolerant of a LOT of things: dairy (but not eggs thank goodness!) tomatoes, broccolli, corn, beans, soy, and thyme (the spice). I am starting to wonder if I have a wheat-gluten intolerance also, because after eating bread or pasta I feel tired and sick and just weird all over. I never know what to eat and because I don't eat much and usually get sick whenever I do, I keep losing weight. I've lost 20 pounds since last January-I'm 5'6 and now only 115 lbs. It takes so long to put on weight and is even harder to keep it on. I'm really at a loss as to what to eat. The alternate to dairy is soy, which I'm allergic to, and I'm not sure that if it is gluten-wheat that is making me feel so tired and flu-like and sick all the time, that I'll ever be able to eat ANYTHING ever again.

Do you have a lot of food allergies or intolerances? What alternatives have you found? How are you able to gain weight/keep a healthy weight? HELP!
...and right when she thought the world was ending, the catepillar became a beautiful butterfly...

ll Legend ll

Post by ll Legend ll » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:59 pm

have u been allergic b4? or "just have gotten allergic, because of anxiety causing stomach problems. I heard it's probably some form of yeast or bad bacteria that's causing all of this. i feel the same way as you, but do not know if im allergic. i'm probably going to get it checked out.

Dodger

Post by Dodger » Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:03 am

If I were you I would go to the allergist and get some simple tests done....then you will have some idea if you are really dealing with allergies or if its just sychosymatic.

The tests are really easy and your in the protection of the office so "if" theres any reactions they can help.....but its usually just scratch tests. enough to show results or not but not to give you severe reactions.

They usually take these little tiny tiny like pieces of plastic and those are covered in the product to test. Example Eggs, mold, wheat, dog dander.....and they scratch a little scrape on the arm if it doesnt react your good to go.

Very easy and I think it will help you to really get a handle on what your really dealing with....if it is allergies then you willknow what you need to avoid to feel better and if it isnt you can start to focus on it possibly being IBS symtoms from your anxiety?

Feeling sick and icky can make us feel so tire and sad it can be scary your not alone.
But I would say go get some answers and that I think will be a tremendous help to you.

Good luck
Dodger

cole2458

Post by cole2458 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:10 am

thanks for replying :)
i have been to an allergist and found to have actual allergies (like i break out in hives, my lips swell, fun stuff like that!) but also some food intolerances also (where i throw up immediately after ingesting something). for the next two weeks i am doing a trial to see if i'm allergic/intolerant to wheat. it's a total bummer. i miss bagels!
...and right when she thought the world was ending, the catepillar became a beautiful butterfly...

Return to “Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)”