skinny men

Suffering from IBS? Post your history, experience, comments and/or suggestions
Holly J

Post by Holly J » Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:46 am

I am not a man, BUT i am very skinny and I know that it is my anxiety/depression and IBS causing this. Well, the anxiety caused the IBS so. . I am 5'1 and weigh 92 pounds )-: I am totally insecure about my body. Went to the dr and apparently last yr at this time i was 10 pounds heavier! Its so hard for me to gain weight yet, so easy for me to lose it. . . That being said, I have always dated extremely skinny men. 6'4 at 120 pounds , 6'0 at 110 pounds. . . I just love skinny men and fond it very attractive. . . But most men I feel, love woman with curvy volumptious bodies. . this is a great topic though!
"Come to me, all who are tired from carrying heavy loads, and I will give you rest. (Matthew 11:28)"

DavidBC

Post by DavidBC » Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:49 am

hello all. I'm 41 years old, 5'11' and have weighed around 150 my whole adult life. I have been working out like an SOB for 20 years and do visibly look a little more toned because of it but as far as overall weight gain, doesn't seem to make any difference. When I do gain weight (at most one or two pounds) from pigging out on protein drinks and bars, it goes to my waist. Anyway, I get teased, harassed, ridiculed, for being too skinny all the time, by family, friends, even complete strangers! In my 20's I could shrug it off, I dated a lot, I'm not a bad looking guy, but as I get older the comments just weigh me down more and more. being 40 and skinny seem to really bother people for some reason. I'm afraid to go out in public, I've become very social phobic because of this. Not only do people seem to always have to point out to me that I'm skinny (like I don't realize it) but I even hear (or think I hear which is really scary) people saying things like "he's so skinny" when I walk by them. I rarely wear shorts in public. I have friends, but fewer, and fewer, as I get older, and they seem to be Embarrassed by me being so skinny (even though they never used to be.) I go out less and less and I've become so phobic about going out in public. Everyone seems to think that I'm skinny by choice and that i need to eat more, or work out more, or exercise less. And to make matters worse, I injured my back working out so now I can't work out at all, not that it made much difference. Actually 150 for 5'11' isn't THAT skinny, I'm very fit, but for some reason I must look skinnier than I am. So what does one do, ignore it. How? Bulk up, I've tried. just don't go out so you don't have to be humiliated anymore, that's seems to be the best answer. yes I'm anxiety ridden, have been all my life, but I'm not sure that's why I'm skinny, I have a very small bone frame, so i think it's totally genetic. i know I'm a healthy, good looking guy, but it doesn't matter because being skinny is such a turn off, or irritation, or so disgusting to people, that it's all they see and concentrate on. I'm really not sure what the remedy is, how much brow beating, humiliation can i take?

Return to “Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)”