does anyone have a fear of not being near a bathroom?

Suffering from IBS? Post your history, experience, comments and/or suggestions
Gman5256

Post by Gman5256 » Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:37 am

Hi Reneec27,

I just saw this an want to respond a little. I do not have IBS, I can tell you the cd's they are talking about are the ones that come with the program when you buy it.

I also ran across a few articles I think you and others may find helpful.

http://ezinearticles.com/?IBS-...-IBS-Cure?&id=569788

http://www.aafp.org/afp/20051215/2501.html

I do not know of any side effect or contra indications using of peppermint oil to help with IBS or the usual drugs that most people take for their anxiety or depression. I do not take any of these.

You might want to check this site to see if you can find out more about concerns associated with any prescription medication or herbal supplement:

http://www.livingnaturally.com...417FBE8D6702F135785A

Here at 2 links to where you can purchase:

http://www.vitaminlife.com/pro...Oil/product_id/29788

http://www.vitacost.com/Nature...-Oil#IngredientFacts

One provides more info and you can price compare on comparable products.

You can also use the liquid form as part of aromatherapy. Not to be ingested.

BTW, Shifrah posted a topic on Raw Foods as an alternative treatment for IBS. She provides lots of links and testimonial from raw food diet forum. You might find something helpful there as well.

I hope this helps.
All for His praise, glory and the joy it gives Him.

Hugs, In His Love >:D<

Gman9259
"He who dwells in the secret place of the most
high shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty"

Sienna 528

Post by Sienna 528 » Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:41 am

OMG...my friends laugh at me about the whole bathroom thing. My anxiety always attacks my stomach first and then running to the bathroom I go, so its safe to say I avoid a lot because of this...and unfortunately dating is one of them....I am so nervous on dates...does anyone have any suggestions???

Gman5256

Post by Gman5256 » Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:57 am

Hi Sienna,

Beside the post that is just above your, you might try the site search and look for Ginger Root, as a key word. Ginger root and peppermint oil (aromatherapy) and peppermint tea, can all help with IBS physical issues.
All for His praise, glory and the joy it gives Him.

Hugs, In His Love >:D<

Gman9259
"He who dwells in the secret place of the most
high shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty"

Nancy Pruitt

Post by Nancy Pruitt » Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:51 am

I would like to say to everyone suffering with Irritable Bowel Syndrome to try 1 teaspoon of Plain-Non-Fat Yogurt in the morning on an empty stomach. This will take away the Pain, Urgency to have to go to the bathroom all the time, the gas, bloating, diarrhea. I had suffered for years and have tried all the medications that the doctors have to offer. The Non-Fat-Plain Yogurt works, I happened to be trying the yogurt for something else and found out, it worked for the I.B.S. Thank God!

pw2

Post by pw2 » Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:38 am

I can't believe there are so many people who have what I have! I don't seem to run into anyone personally though, and that makes life really hard. No matter where I go, the first thing I think about is where the closest bathroom is. I feel I can't drive with anyone else because of the fear of needing 'to go' which then brings on a panic attack, because friends don't know how bad my anxiety and IBS are. I have Immodium in every purse and drawer and even though there are times when I don't get it, the fear is always there...always. I've had the fear of passing out in a public place, also and it's terrifying, although it's all internal...no one on the outside can see it in me as I try to look and act as 'normal' as possible. Basically, it rules my life. Other than OTC meds, I really don't want to take Rx's for the rest of my life. Any thoughts? :(

Rhonda M.

Post by Rhonda M. » Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:49 pm

Oh my word - I was hoping to find people that suffered from this fear as well as I do. I'm only at the end of week one. My biggest anxiety trigger is illness. Every time I go to a new place I scope out the restroom or garbage cans in case I have to be sick. The thing is it has never actually happened which is the real frustrating part. I fret about these things and then have a hard time to enjoy myself. Flu season is a killer for me because I am worried that I will catch it from everyone or anyone I come in contact with even though I get a flu shot. When I really suffer and the panic attacks come on is when I am in a situation where there is no bathroom or that I cannot leave. I can't wait to get further into the program and learn about this "what if" thinking because that is what I do. Yesterday I tried to tell myself "What if" you just allow yourself to have fun. Wow it made a difference.

So glad I'm no longer alone

RobertaL

Post by RobertaL » Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:48 am

Hi,
I can relate to the sickness thing in a way but not for me I have a son with multiple handicaps and I constantly worry he is going to get something and he will not survive it. Flu season is the worse time because for him because I get all stressed out and don't even want to take him in stores. The ironic thing is he is pretty healthy and when he does get sick doesn't seem to last as long as others. This year I had to put his health in God's hands and stop worrying about it because all the worry is not good for him. I asked God to take over and he did not get any thing this year. I read psalm 91 alot its one of my favorite scriptures and also the beginning of psalm 37 they are comforting to me. I am on week 3 in the program and am learning alot. Keep doing the program and remember that really no matter how much we fret and worry God really is the only one in control. Hope this helps, Roberta

lorene johnson

Post by lorene johnson » Mon May 25, 2009 9:42 am

i am so glad to hear that other people are going through the same problems with ibs. i have been going through this for around 20 yrs. now i am 53 yrs.old. it all started when i was on a date with my husband now, we were coming home and i had to go to bathroom, i just barely made it to a restaurant bathroom, made him pull over i was embarrassed then cause i didn't know him that well, but anyways ever since that happened i started really thinking about that how humiliating that would have been if i would have pooped myself on my date, i was really nervous then to go out and eat and then it became hardly wanting to go anywhere, and i have been alot better the last few years i found out about admonium it help but i never ususally take more than 2 and sometimes that don't help. my mind really plays tricks on me i could be sitting at work and thinking alot of what if's i thought what if the plumbing messed up and they had to close the bathrooms for a while i would just panic, the worst thing for me would go to bathroom in my clothes in front of people, it would be a nightmare to me. so i wish so much i could overcome this but it has taken a toll on my life of going in boats or anywhere there is not a bathroom i have actually joked about carrying a potty chair around lololo! but really it would make me feel better lol! i have thought of other things to believe me. but i am just learning to live with it but it can make you miserable. sorry this is so long but i was happy to be able to talk to someone, my family don't really pay any attention to it and they don't understand. someone else have an opinion about this.

Kizzyle

Post by Kizzyle » Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:02 am

I have the exact same problem! I don't like to go anywhere if I don't know where the bathroom is. When I go somewhere, the first thing I do is locate the bathroom. I then sit closest to the door so I can escape easily is something were to happen. I also have a fear of controlling my bladder and bowels when I am confined to a place with alot of people (even though I've never used the bathroom on myself). The hardest thing I've ever had to overcome is doing my Valedictorian speech last month. There were over 500 people there and we had our graduation on the football field, so my anxiety was at an all time high because I knew if I got sick, I couldn't run anywhere to hide. Thanks to prayers and a couple Xanax Smiler, I was able to pull through it and I didn't stumble over one word. But my anxiety still exists, but I learn to cope with it as much as I can

aliengal24

Post by aliengal24 » Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:55 am

Wow, it's really good to read about this. I guess a lot of people have this problem! I don't fear not being near a bathroom all the time. I only do if I'm already anxious. Or if there are other people staying where I am and I have to go number 2...I worry that they'll know and I'll feel stupid. But everyone does it! I don't know why I just can't get over it. My IBS acts up when I'm nervous(obviously) so if I'm going to a concert or something, which makes me nervous..because I fear crowds, then I'll worry about my stomache. I have thrown up before though from being so nervous. I get so nervous I make myself completely sick. I'm working on it and I seem to be making progress. It is the bathroom thing though that really gets me. What works for anyone? Any solutions. Thanks for listening.

Return to “Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)”