my 10 year son always complains of his stomach?

Suffering from IBS? Post your history, experience, comments and/or suggestions
kamely

Post by kamely » Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:56 pm

I have a 10 year old that he wakes up with a stomach ache almost every morning. He eats and then says his stomach hurts. Doctors cannot find anything other than "IBS, he will grow out of it..any ideas..help!!!
thanks.

Post by Guest » Sat Dec 26, 2009 5:33 pm

It could be a number of things to check out.

When I was around that age I woke up nauseated a lot. I believe it had a lot to do with my unhealthy diet. What is he eating?

Is it also on school days, maybe something is going on at school, especially if he is not feeling this way on the weekend. If he doesn't have this problem on the weekend, that is a huge clue that there is stress going on at school, and food is just triggering a sleeping emotion.

Lastly, is he getting enough sleep? When my kids under-sleep they feel nauseated.

Post by Guest » Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:36 pm

There are several factors that can be contributing to his stomach upset. My children have sensitive stomachs and cannot consume foods
that are fried or oily. Does he eliminate well, ie. constipated? At the least, I would try to put him on "safe" food such as fresh squeezed juices, steamed veggies, grilled chicken breast for a few days and monitor how he feels. I would avoid all dairy products for several days....no milk, ice cream, cheese, yogurt, etc. Upon arising check his breath. Does it smell unpleasant? If so, he may need a course of acidophilus from the health food store. Hopefully, he will feel better soon all on his own!

Post by Guest » Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:20 pm

IT MAY BE ANXIETY
I have suffered through the same things you are describing for yearrrrs every day before school because of nervousness. I think you should try to isolate the problem and see if it is anxiety by working with him through this program. If it starts to get alleviated then you know its all anxiety. If he has had this for more than a couple weeks then it is MOST likely anxiety I think. Because his body would have healed whatever is troubling him already. It sounds like anxiety to me. Please help him through it by going through the program with him as a focus in his life. I don't want someone else to go through what i went through for so long :(

threnners

Re: my 10 year son always complains of his stomach?

Post by threnners » Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:38 am

Does he have sinus drainage? My 5 year old's stomach is easily irritated by his sinuses draining into it and he frequently complains of stomachaches. Get some Zyrtec and see if that helps him.

Return to “Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)”