Typical of IBS?

Suffering from IBS? Post your history, experience, comments and/or suggestions
solboard

Post by solboard » Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:31 pm

I have the typical symptoms associated with IBS: nausea and abdominal pain after eating chocolate, peanut butter, etc, that is alleviated with a bowel movement.

But, (hate to get graphic) everytime I have a bowel movement, it isn't solid. It isn't diarrhea, but it isn't quite solid. If you have heard of the Bristol Stool Scale, it's between a 5 and a 6. At first, I thought it was gluten intolerance, so I eliminated all gluten from my diet and started eating more fruits and vegetables and tried to eat as many raw meals as I could (I'm a vegan). Nothing. I'm still having it.

Any ideas?
I find television to be very educational. When someone turns it on, I go into the other room to read a book.

Post by Guest » Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:45 am

raw bran! mix it in slowly to your diet but it is wonderful! helps keeper' firm!

Post by Guest » Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:49 am

Probiotics.

Post by Guest » Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:14 pm

no soda, lots of water

Post by Guest » Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:13 pm

Eat Dannon yogurt for the digestive system - can get it at most super markets. You have to eat one small carton once a day for it to work and it sometimes takes a couple of weeks for your system to adjust. If I miss a couple of days I know it and start right back on it. I really didn't think it would work, but it sure does for me - and I have suffered with IBS for several years. Hope you give it a try and hope it works. And Chrit is right, get the water in! Blessings ^j^

Post by Guest » Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:19 pm

If you haven't done so already, go to the doctor and schedule a colonoscopy. You may have IBS, Crohn's disease or ulcerative colitis. I had your symptoms and was told I have a minor case of UC. Get checked out. There is medicine that can help!

Return to “Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)”