Is this IBS?

Suffering from IBS? Post your history, experience, comments and/or suggestions
NewfyMom

Post by NewfyMom » Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:38 pm

I've been told I have IBS, but I don't seem to have all the symptoms. My lower abdomen seems bloated, I have occasional crampy feelings, I have just had a colonoscopy and it was ok. This has been going on for a few months. When I push on my "gut" it kind of hurts and feels tender. I've had a complete hysterectomy so I know it's not any female problems. I don't really have diarhea but do have occasional constipation. This has just put me in a real funk!! Any input from anyone?

Post by Guest » Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:55 pm

I went through the same thing you did colonoscopy, crampy, bloated, pain in my lower abd, but I had soft stool. I was told I had IBS. Then I started researching for myself. To make a long story short, I now am on a gluten free diet and very little sugar and dairy. it should be no sugar and dairy but I do slip up and I can realy tell when I do, I get pains in my gut and soft stool. You might want to give the gluten free a try. My daughter had the same thing and she now eats a wheat free diet. Good luck and God Bless.

Post by Guest » Sat Nov 29, 2008 3:05 pm

Hey, Newfy -
I have felt your IBS pain also and am thrilled that my "guts" are now better than I've been in years. I ended up doing my own research and took a natural approach which works for me. I had 5 colonic hydrotherapy sessions and use digestive enzyme and probiotic supplements after every meal, flaxseed supplement and a multivitamin. There is also a great website with lots of good practical information which I'll try to find again and post the address for you.

Return to “Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)”