Flatulence

Suffering from IBS? Post your history, experience, comments and/or suggestions
taffy24

Post by taffy24 » Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:48 am

I need some help. I'm currently working a temp job where I have my own little office and I'm comfortable but it is only a temp job. I've been offered a position with a hospital doing data entry. The desks are horrible for my phobia, there are four desks in a small windowless room, the desks face the walls with a partition wall separating the sides of the desks and you'd sit with your back open. I had a similar job like this for 3 years, I hated it. I'm going through the program now, but I really don't think I'll get a handle on my anxiety before damage is done. I don't want to be made fun, laughed at, or picked on anymore. Those were the worse three years of my life.

My mom thinks it is a great opportunity. I've explained my problem to her and she says "Oh I'd just make a joke about it!" If I was able to just laugh it off, I'd done so years ago. I've been praying to God for guidance on what to do. I asked for a sign, something I can't miss. My mom thinks I got it when I called to turn down the position and they called me back to talk me into accepting. I don't know what to do. Any advice?

Swizzle

Post by Swizzle » Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:14 pm

Hi Taffy,

Oh my goodness, I have had the same problem for 7 years! I'm so sorry you internalized that kid's comment but you know what? eff him :) As a previous poster wrote, it's just gas and we all do it. He was immature, but I know it's painful.

It's been a year since you posted, so I hope things went okay with your job. Can I suggest you check out drnatura.org? They have an AMAZING colon cleanse that is gentle and effective.

And, can I suggest an outside job? For me, it's been great! I don't like conventional places anyhow, and being confined adds to the anxiety. It sounds like your moms needs to support your decision to not put yourself through hell, instead of ignoring it. Your quality of life is important!

But you could work on a ski resort, at a farm, doing all kinds of outdoor stuff that really takes the pressure off your mind.

I wish you the best, and hope you let go of that anger, shame and embarrassment of the incident. Just kuz he said it, doesn't make it true. And I know, if you're already shy (like me) it's easy to get caught up and avoid new stuff because you're sure it's going to be rough like the old stuff. Or mybe it's hard to say feelings, but I trust you'll get through this!

Best~

Return to “Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)”